I messed up BADDDDDDDD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is tommy hall??

THALL would be me and I don't know about that repairman your referring too. Far as I know all the plastic parts for your 210 are molded in Va Beach. The carb, if its a Zama, is produced in China and many different saw brands use Zama carbs. The parts, whatever that saw needs will be shipped to Va from Mid-Atlantic Stihl out of North Carolina, the distributor for all of Virginia.

I got a part I am winning on ebay right now for the saw but I am going to need to (after some more wood is sold) get a nice new saw with a 18+ inch bar or a saw with both a 16 and a 20 inch bar set. It would be really really nice if I could find a Stihl at dealer cost if not I would like to know where to get spare parts for that efco since she has a five year warranty on her.

I got a part I am winning on ebay right now for the saw but I am going to need to (after some more wood is sold) get a nice new saw with a 18+ inch bar or a saw with both a 16 and a 20 inch bar set. It would be really really nice if I could find a Stihl at dealer cost if not I would like to know where to get spare parts for that efco since she has a five year warranty on her.

If I were you I'd try out a Husky. Yup thats what I'd do. I think you can get a Husky 350 for around 299.00 or a 455 for around 399.00, another nice saw.....

efco is a top quality saw--but then--on this board. stihl is the only brand going--ya right--efco was olympyk, olympic,olympik. and now of course efco--if you look at their line of saws--they are the only brand that has "chrome impregnated" cylinders, meaning the chrome goes all the way thru--its part of the casting--meaning real durable---but then--i digress--stihl is the only brand on planet earth------------------------:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

???wtf???

:confused: I just looked here at the EMAK website and they say there are NOT any dealers here in America :confused: I will be getting there 152 series saw when I get the chance if there is actually a authorized dealer here.
http://www2.emak.it/

:confused: I just looked here at the EMAK website and they say there are NOT any dealers here in America :confused: I will be getting there 152 series saw when I get the chance if there is actually a authorized dealer here.
Ok hmm..hopefully it works out well for you. I honestly don't know anything about them and don't hear much about them on this site. If you have any issues with it there may be some on here that can help you, but I'm not sure if too many know much about em.

If you have a lowes by you why don't you pick yourself a husky 345? There going to probably give you about the best price you'll find and a lot of people on this site will be able to help you if you run into issues. I know the husky 350 gets good reviews and I'd think the 345 would be a good saw also.

I think I misunderstood your post, if your looking for efco dealer's in the u.s., there here. there's a distributor in michigan that I know of.

Emak is an Italian company that makes Oleo-Mac, Efco, and Dynamac. According to the company's site there is not a dealer in the U.S., This can be found by clicking the "Emak in the world" link then the export sales network link which shows distributors through out the world. If you folks know of a dealer besides Northern tool let me know I need to see what kinda price difference is between them and Northern as well as the service network they have, I also have someone here that might be interested in becoming a local sales location. With the five year warranty shown side by side with the Stihl and Huskies I think the Italians will fly off the shelf with the homeowner crowd around here.

Up here in Canada home owners get a 2year warranty on their new Stihl if you purchase a six pack of Stihl mix with the saw. Local Echo dealer is advertising a 5year consumer warranty, the warranty sounds nice but the saws don't:):cheers:

There is a guy selling Efco's on E-bay right now. They are the 962's and smaller sizes. His prices look to be real good, and the waraunty is 5 years. You can also find the Cub Cadets on E-bay sometimes for good prices. They are E-maks also.

Efco's are pretty tough saws. Like someone posted above,on AS, if they aren't Stihl, they're crap. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have an Olympic 264 and 2 Oly 945's and they are real well made machines.The Italians seem to over build machines when they have a good one. They are very torquey saws.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Especially if you have a dealer near you.

You know you arent too far from Amicks you might want to check out the dolmar 5100 before you purchase a new saw. You would probably spend less get better service and in the end be happier. Oh and by the way John Deere chainsaws are made by efco and Northern Tool just started carrying efco this year also. There is a big John Deere dealer in Greensboro about an hour south on hwy 29. Dont know whats in Danville though.

Back