i need a medium saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Husky fan i'll admit it, the 562xp is much anticipated for sure, but i would have a hard time paying $700 plus for a 60cc saw. Check out the Makita 6401, or Dolmar 6400 offerings or the Husky 365 it may still be available in your market. If the anticipated price for the 562xp is over $700 here in the U.S. what do you think it would cost in Romania? REJ2

about 900-1000 $ the 562xp and 650-750 $ the 555

It would be nice if you could get ahold of a 361. They are the best in 60cc saws IMO. If you wait on the new 60cc Husky then you might freeze before it gets out.

I would buy a 362 in a heartbeat if I did'nt have a 361 already. I can't feel much of a weight difference between it and the 361 really. They have a little more grunt too. Either would be my choice over the 357xp. It's overpriced IMO. And about the "screwdown" top covers. Lol, a quarter turn with a scrench it all there is to that.

Last edited:
Pass on the 362. There seems to be a lot of bugs that need to be worked out on a saw that is that expensive. Sure is not the dependable enjoyable machine that the 361 was.

Not sure where you got that from; it likely wasn't from running the saw (or at least a recent one).

My MS362 has been great to date. The only issue I had was from me having it adjusted a bit rich on the bottom end. As far as comparing it to the 361, it's a tad bulkier, but smoother running, and with a more forgiving power band. The only complaint I have about that saw is the price tag. I got mine on a good deal, though.

Also, I'm not a fanboy. I run mostly Stihl for the ease of dealing and business. My firehouse runs Stihls, so it's easier for me to do the same and only deal with one dealer for the firehouse and myself if any issues arrise. If the right Husky/Jred or whatever came along, I'd happily run it.

As far as needing a screwdriver to take off the top cover, I don't have an issue with that. I don't pull my airfilter off in the middle of cutting, so no big deal for me. If I do need to pull it off, I grab the scrench out of the bag on the tailgate of my truck when I top off fuel and oil and touch up the chain. I use it mostly for firewood, so the truck is rarely very far away. I would like to pick up one of those scrench holders, though.

Back to the OP, what are you going to be cutting that you need that size saw? What is your reason for cutting? What dealer in your region has the best reputation/makes you feel all warm and fuzzy when you're there?

Hello Floricel from Teleorman / Romania;
Let me tell you this: I won`t tolerate any cutting on my turf.
:))
welcome to the AS

I have a tone of experience in this area (asking questions)
I have for sure asked all dumb questions about saws; In fact maybe more then others;

first, are you sure you need a saw in the 362/357 area?
what do you cut?
if you plan to get them from Romania, you might have the surprise not to find Husky 555/560XP for it will not be here very soon (I think it depends on the dealer); Stihl 362 is already available.

The price: for the 346XP (that I know) is in Romania close to 2600RON and in USA is 1500 RON
2600 ron is well over 800$

there is no way I`ll buy one here.

but if you do, do to the dealer that has been there for the longest time; for here dealers open and close the shop over night.
so beware.

so to summarize, if one asks what to get, prolly needs a 346 XP and no bigger.

cheers.

I am supersticious about where my chainsaws are made, any saw that's not Made in Germany I don't touch whether its Stihl, Husky or Dolmar.

Would I be correct in assuming you haven't used many Pro Huskies to compare with your 660's and 460's then considering they're made in Sweden?

Back