I Need Some Help Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lobo said:
A biiitch for maintenance. :cry:

How do you figure that? Is it so hard to loosen a reverse threaded nut?

One thing I can say in support of all the "old dyed in the wool Stihl guys" who complain about swapping chains on an outboard clutch saw, yeah, you`re right if you`re talking about an old Stihl. Husky does it right by giving enough clearance to get the chain over the clucth without having to come in on an angle like your old Stihls require. On a Husky it`s almost as simple as dropping it in.

Russ

you pick up brand new husky 359 for $400 bucks. that comes with an 20 inch bar. I've used them and they are light and fast. I can't see spending all that extra money for a smaller stihl. I actually prefer the huskys

jokers said:
How do you figure that? Is it so hard to loosen a reverse threaded nut?

One thing I can say in support of all the "old dyed in the wool Stihl guys" who complain about swapping chains on an outboard clutch saw, yeah, you`re right if you`re talking about an old Stihl. Husky does it right by giving enough clearance to get the chain over the clucth without having to come in on an angle like your old Stihls require. On a Husky it`s almost as simple as dropping it in.

Russ

Russ you and I both know to put it politically correct that it is a more complexe system, be it Stihl, Husky or anyone elses and makes maintenance more complex.

Nuff said, as I really don't want to call it more than a 1/2 ars system at best and I don't care who its from.

I find the "stepped" bar bolts on my Stihl creating more fumbling when changing chains than the outboard cluch/inboard sprocket of my Husky.
Outboard sprocket is easier to clean, though.

Imho it isn't before you are changing sprockets the disadvantage of the outboard cluch really show up.

To cahnge the rim or cluch drum on 260-270-280, etc. you need only screwdriver, thats all needed ;)

Latest posts

Back