I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thinking is the bars would be worth the price, and it's possible that some of the chains aren't safety and have some life left.
As always, it's up to you!

One repairable saw could make it worth it. Same thing with parts that you need for a specific saw. Bars might be worth it. How much space due you have to store stuff?

If it is close, you might want to take a look, pick through the pile, etc. Might be a better deal for someone to part out the saws and sell on eBay, but that is a different thing altogether.

Philbert

B-N, your embedded images are wreaking havoc on my computer.

----------------------------

I emailed the seller, haven't heard back. The ad had been up for over a week.

I'm looking for some advice. In the ad--eight broken chainsaws for $40.00-- you'll see a pile of saws. I can tell that a few of them are nothing special. There is Poulan-made Craftsman top-handle (not sure which model) that caught my eye, and there might some 'better' saws buried in the pile.

I don't have large stash of spare bars & chains. My thinking is the bars would be worth the price, and it's possible that some of the chains aren't safety and have some life left. And maybe the seller will accept a lower price.

http://houston.craigslist.org/for/5300755432.html

Oh yeah, if anybody has the urge to contact the seller, go for it. My wife would thank you for removing the temptation :laugh:.
Call him and ask. You may get a story about each one, and when he's done because he feels like "your such a close friend and you appreciate the classics" he may just give them all to you. It's obvious either his wife doesn't like them or he just want's the place cleaned up because he's moved on to bigger and better things.
Call and ask!

B-N, your embedded images are wreaking havoc on my computer.

Sorry Chris, I edited what I could back to thumbnails instead of full images, hope that helps. Unfortunately I couldn't edit last nights marathon post.

How so? No issues here.

I'm guessing slower internet, maybe an older computer? I'm guessing my older (2005) laptop wouldn't like that very much, but my 2011 phone handles it no problem. Crazy how technology has progressed.

Amazing, I see this crap all the time.
Knowledge is valuable. I google almost everything I buy. I figure it's due diligence.
I have saved myself much grief.
I see many 22ton huskee log splitters for 1000-1200, in my neck of the woods they sell for 999+tax.
I guess you have to pay for the convenience of dealing with them.

Sorry Chris, I edited what I could back to thumbnails instead of full images, hope that helps. Unfortunately I couldn't edit last nights marathon post.

I'm guessing slower internet, maybe an older computer? I'm guessing my older (2005) laptop wouldn't like that very much, but my 2011 phone handles it no problem. Crazy how technology has progressed.

Yes, the issue was images loading s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm pretty sure that I'm having some software conflicts between Chrome and another program (Realtime?) both trying to "read" images.

New cs-590 echo chainsaw in box - $340 (Huntsville)

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/grd/5299064770.html
00Q0Q_36ahx66thZX_600x450.jpg

New in box echo cs-590 chainsaw with 20 inch bar, owners manual and warranty card. Never had the bar on it. $436 with tax at home depot. $340 firm.

Latest posts

Back