I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He says "low use"? Granted it looks nice and clean but "not quite broke in" probably means a new P/C" which he fails to mention.
Judging by the looks of it the saw is easily over 20 years old which doesn't really qualify it as a spring chicken.
:hmm3grin2orange:

That is an old 026, but it does look good. Want to sell a saw? (inside joke)

Randy

Antique Chain Saw

If I come home with one more saw I will be sleeping with them in the barn.

That's not a Homelite. It's a Mono. Looks like the Mono buit Wards WD60 I have. That one's in nice shape. If he was local, I'd make him an offer....

McCullen Chainsaw (Runs Great!)

McCullen Chainsaw. Runs Great. 21 Inch Bar I Think. Very Dependable. Good Chain. Ready To Work! Asking Only $80.00. Call 704-207-5536

What is with these CL people and their 'creative' spelling of McCulloch??? That's one I hadn't seen before. I'll add it to the list.

I can't be 100% certain because of the fuzzy/dark pics, but that looks more like a 450, 550, or Super 550 based on the squared off profile of the AF cover. Could be a later 250, Super 250, 300, or 380 however (if the cover's not as squared off as my eyes are telling me it is). I'd check it out if it was local, and would offer less than they're asking...

That is an old 026, but it does look good. Want to sell a saw? (inside joke)

Randy

It doesn't look as nice at the one I picked up yesterday (just finished cleaning):hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

Or this one from the same guy:
attachment.php

It doesn't look as nice at the one I picked up yesterday (just finished cleaning):hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

Or this one from the same guy:
attachment.php

Nice 076, there Madrone... looks to be a bit of a frankensaw, (changed filter cover and looks like recoil/tank too...) but that's ok... @ 111cc, it's allowed to be WHATEVER it wants... :laugh:

Nice 076, there Madrone... looks to be a bit of a frankensaw, (changed filter cover and looks like recoil/tank too...) but that's ok... @ 111cc, it's allowed to be WHATEVER it wants... :laugh:

Good eyes. Ya, it sure is a big, heavy mo fo. :lifter:

It seems definitely an 076 with the oil fill on the side, the coil on the top of the flywheel and the newer stater pawls.
The muffler cover/rear handle is kind of lame. It seems the screened muffler is larger so to house it the cover needs spacers which widen the rear handle. I think it looks kinda strange.
I was cleaning it up earlier and it's starting to look better.
It does run sweeeeet and loud. :hmm3grin2orange:

Good eyes. Ya, it sure is a big, heavy mo fo. :lifter:

It seems definitely an 076 with the oil fill on the side, the coil on the top of the flywheel and the newer stater pawls.
The muffler cover/rear handle is kind of lame. It seems the screened muffler is larger so to house it the cover needs spacers which widen the rear handle. I think it looks kinda strange.
I was cleaning it up earlier and it's starting to look better.
It does run sweeeeet and loud. :hmm3grin2orange:

yeah, I like the recoils on the 076...easier to change the cord. they are big and heavy, that's for sure...but they make up for it :chainsaw:

is that handle setup that way from the factory?? I didn't notice till you said something...

got some big dogs on there with the full wrap?? :D

I just picked up a 075 recently... needs handle wrap (or a new bar) filter cover (if you get the right one, I'm interested...:D ) and a fuel tank :dizzy:

but it had a new 33" 404 chain, and sprocket, and a nice bar...

ALTHOUGH, he was selling it as a 066 with a 36" bar. boy, was I DISAPPOINTED when I showed up... :angry:

The muf cover/handle does seem factory or at least dealer installed. The same size allen head screws are used, just longer. I think i've seen the same set up in photos.
Some crews always required spark screens and maybe stihl had to come up with something after already designing the saw.

So he was selling an 075 as an 066?!
Kind of hard to mix them up, don't you think? Some CL people sux :angry2:
I'll buy a new 076 tag for the top cover if my dealer can get em. You're more than welcome to the 075AVE one that on there. I'll let ya know.

Last edited:
Yeah, after a 70 minute ride too..

he opened the door and brought THAT out... I said to myself,

WHAT
THE
F$^& ?!?!?!

is
THAT/?!/!? :rolleyes:

not a terrible deal though, but was disappointed so much so, I actually made him an offer if I was ABLE to hear it fire, got a couple drops of mix down the throat (tank was empty... and probably leaking.. ;P ) and it popped good. I was STILL reluctant to dish over the money, I actually DROVE away, and 'phoned a friend' for an opinion, and turned around and bought it!! :dizzy:

bar/chain was worth atleast half of the price :D

J

Back