I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was hoping to get it at $75.00,seller almost got his money back. Considering he paid shipping both ways.

Only on Ebay :rolleyes:

I had a set of USED headers for a Mustang (They were STILL like new) and sold for $40 less than new price :D I was happy.

point with the BB kit, bailey's will help you out if you have an issue... you take a risk buying it 2nd hand.....

also, what's up with the kits on ebay @ 130 bux?? :dizzy:

J

Husqvarna 372XP Chainsaw / BRAND NEW 24" Bar and Chain - eBay (item 270693373648 end time Jan-20-11 18:59:19 PST)

and, a new saw, WITHOUT the serial tag, huh....

hmmm....

THOSE are easy to remove, by "accident" :rolleyes: :monkey:

I bought a new 357XP off a guy on Ebay some time ago and when it arrived it had no ID tag. When I contacted him he had no idea the tag was not on there, he bought it from a Husqvarna rep at a forestry expo and it was brand new.

The Ebay seller is being up front about it,but it is still extemely odd. From the photos, the aluminum rivots that hold the tag are new and undamaged. The guy also has impecible feedback.

If I planned on keeping the saw long term, I'd grab it. For resale I'd be a little leary.

I bought a new 357XP off a guy on Ebay some time ago and when it arrived it had no ID tag. When I contacted him he had no idea the tag was not on there, he bought it from a Husqvarna rep at a forestry expo and it was brand new.

The Ebay seller is being up front about it,but it is still extemely odd. From the photos, the aluminum rivots that hold the tag are new and undamaged. The guy also has impecible feedback.

If I planned on keeping the saw long term, I'd grab it. For resale I'd be a little leary.

It's ULTRA shady.. :rolleyes: you CANNOT tell me that saw left the factory with the tag NOT intact. no way. and WE ALL have seen saws that have been to h*ll and back to the point the tag isn't readable, and it's still on there.

if you GET behind the tag, you can PRY them off, usually a rivet will come with it. just push it back in.

point being, i've seen saws in for dealer warranty that have been covered under the warranty, and the rep makes the dealer remove the tag so there will be NO future warranty claims.

I'm curious as to WHAT this sells for...as they are $730 brand new here....

J

I was going to e-mail him and tell him what I paid for mine and that he was way over priced but thought it was probably better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

I did that to a local guy, and I was nice about it, i might add.. :D he was a total A$$HOLE about it... he replied (email) "what do i know, bla bla bla...this is a STIHL, BLA BLA BLA...this and that..." :rolleyes: :spam:

WHATEVER DOOD....

that's the same saw as a EVL750...78cc, actually. they are strong, BUT, not 500 strong, or even 400 strong...heck, used as it is, $300 might be stretching it...

J

Last edited:
He's had the for sale for quite some time and at that price, I'm not surprised.

Wendell,
Did you see the smaller JD listed locally too. I think they wanter something like 350 for it. They didn't even tell what size it was.
Bob

Latest posts

Back