I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHY are there Homelite Super 2's showing up in the category for 750's on eBay. Seems people are putting every model made in the listing to sell a saw.... it lists 066, 7600??, 300, 550, 750, 088... he doesn't even know the correct numbers let alone the correct brand!!:mad2:

like selling a 365 and listing it as a 365/372/385/390/395/346 ...... it only has one model number on the saw, can YOU not read?!! :msp_angry:

It's irritating to have to wade through junk ads to see the saw you searched for!!!
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Good morning everybody, isn't it a wonderful day!!

But there is something you can do.

Hit the report item button.

select Listing practices in first box.

select search and browse manipulation in second box.

select keyword spamming in third box

and then hit send report.

I dont know how many reports it takes but ebay will shut it down. Had it happen to me when I listed the name of a similar toy I was selling.

Now you will have a nicer day. :msp_thumbup:

But there is something you can do.

Hit the report item button.

select Listing practices in first box.

select search and browse manipulation in second box.

select keyword spamming in third box

and then hit send report.

I dont know how many reports it takes but ebay will shut it down. Had it happen to me when I listed the name of a similar toy I was selling.

Now you will have a nicer day. :msp_thumbup:

DONE... Thank you very much! Seems to be MANY members here doing this...WHY??? Think I'm going to change my mind when I search for a specific model and see yours? >>> I'm searching for a 750 and see a Super 2... which I care nothing about until I see the ad and ask myself.... why would any MORON post a Super 2 in the 750 catagory? AND again in 066 or 088? It's not even a Stihl!

Was the thought process.. well maybe this person would like a saw that's 1/4 the size he was looking for.. maybe he's only cutting 8" wood with a 36" bar on a 750 and is tired of carrying the extra weight? I do not want to see your incorrectly listed item or have to wade through the saws I'M NOT LOOKING FOR!!! I don't care if you think that sending the ad to everybody helps you sell it. Like most people, I would expect to see a Super2 when I enter the words "Super2"......NOT 750!

Last edited:
For some yes. You can have the steel sleeve coated with silicon nitride and it's got similar properties to Nikasil.

The guy selling that stuff I believe is Vince Loy, and if so, he's a really good builder. He makes his own pistons, cranks, and other gear.
I was tempted to buy the 090 race parts but decided I'm not that ambitious.

Well guess where there off to ol mate ...................... McBob.

Latest posts

Back