I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep in mind, im here to learn and would love to get along with everybody on here, but apparently thats not possible with some folks. Seriously, think about this for a minute, i ruffled some feathers by posting a good deal on a saw, in the good deals for saws thread.... and then theres people in the good deals for saws thread saying that i shouldnt post good deals on saws.

I got an easy solution for that one: If it's gonna cause this much grief to you or others just don't post the good deals. Let them find the deals themselves.

Also, theres like two guy from arboristsite in the houston area. Me and the guy with a nice booty pic for an avitar. Theres also, absolutely, positively NO good chainsaw deals in Houston EVER.

Basically im the lone ranger of houston Tx chainsaw deals. If i knew anybody else in this area with a particular taste in a particular type or brand of saws, i would give them a heads up too.

With that in mind, if anybody finds any dirt stinking cheap +6 cube saws in the houston area, feel free to let me know and i will give you the customary finders fee of a free lunch as insisted upon my thomas

Thanks a lot :laugh:! FYI my AS user name is Chris J., her name is Ines Sainz. There are chainsaw deals to be found in & around Houston via CL (the MS660 for $400.00 in pasadena for example), but they are rare. If anybody here finds a 6+ cube saw for "dirt stinking cheap" chances are they're going to try to make a deal on it, even if it means paying shipping, or inform a friend.

You're not the first person on AS to be flamed for posting CL ads outside of your location, others have done it & still do it. The general feeling is at least let the CL ad ride for a few hours to give the local guys & gals a chance at it. There have been hard feeling between AS members over "territorial rights."

Some AS members have no problem offering more than the asking price to entice the seller to pack & ship a saw. Some talk-up the saw(s), unknowingly or intentionally, to the point of leading the seller to want a better price.

My policy re posting CL ads on AS is only post links to local ads in which I'm not interested, can't afford, etc. Doing this recently helped an ASer land a nice saw that he'd been wanting for quite a while for a pretty good price.

...I'll bet there are tons of saws in your area....

If you mean homeowner & small box-store saws, yes.
If you mean nice saws worth putting a little $$ into, no, not very often.

=====================================

Some people don't take instructions very well, they get defensive to the point of being defiant. Sometimes you have to let someone "cut off their own nose to spite their face" in order to learn a lesson.

Some people don't know when to stop hounding other folks. A certain ArboristSite member should concentrate on his saw & saw parts business, perhaps becoming an AS sponsor would keep him busy.

Way outta my price range, but there's a lot of CL sellers that could learn a lesson from this guiy on how to list and describe what they're selling. Short, to the point, and a little bit humorous ("Size: Large").

On the CL posting etiquette thing, I've bought a saw or two others posted here that I missed when I was looking, I "MIGHT" have been stepped on once on a deal because of a link someone else posted, or maybe someone that wanted what I was after stumbled on it and offered more money, I'll likely never know, and frankly don't care too much. If I really had to have that one, I could have ran after it sooner and had it, I just thought I had a deal and was waiting till it was convenient for me to pick it up.

Generally, if I post something here, it's either not my style, out of my price range, or for whatever reason I'm not interested. They also don't get put here till the ad has been up a couple days. I figure this is as much a service to the seller as the person reading this, because the ad might have slipped through the cracks, and most people here look at the new listings.

Geeeezzzz, Is that what mine are worth.
I sure hope so.

Lee

Judging from your video I have placed a rough value on your collection of eleventy billion dollars, in a retail setting. At the right auction you could expect substantially more. If I were you I would have them insured for no less than that value.

Sorry, to much Antiques Roadshow. :D

See guys, I was having a great morning till:
:buttkick:
1, somebody made me cry :(
2, then they pissed in my wheaties :angry:
3, I lost a great deal :msp_angry:
4, all this fluid dripped on my panties :msp_scared:
5, I thought my balls may melt :confused:

So was I and all this before lunch! :taped:
or I'll tell my mom

Back