I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know .... all the questions surrounding this 'score' are covering everything except one: What is all this 'call you back' BS coming from the seller's end?

That's not uncommon with CL sellers......:bang:

Yeah, there's definitely some of them that have no concept of courtesy. I went to buy a Craftsman/Poulan off CL this past weekend. First I texted the guy about 8 AM (didn't want to wake him, if he was asleep). He texts me back right away, so I call him (I hate texting) to talk and he complains I woke him up. So I say when do you want me to call back? He says he will be up at 10 and around all day after that, then gives me the address - says call before I come over, so I explain I'm an hour and a $17 toll away, but I'll call first. At 10 I get in the truck, start to head his way and give him a call. Now he can't meet at 10, or 11, and he doesn't know when he can meet. I tell him I need an answer before I drive an hour over there. I don't care when, just give me a time. He says he can't tell me when.
So I say, I'll call you back IF I decide to come at all.

So I blew him off and changed my plans for the day. Several hours later he calls back telling me I can come over any time.

Ended up I got the saw, but I was about to tell him where to go after I waited 2 hours for his beauty sleep, then he changes his mind.

The plot thickens...

Just spoke to the CL poster. I say that as apparently the saws belong to a family friend, who wants them all gone. Apparently I spoke to both his mother and father on earlier call attempts. The "issue" is that he doesn't yet have possession of the saws. He was supposed to get them today, and now says tomorrow. He tells me there are a LOT more then 50. Probably hundreds. Enough to fill to near horder status a 2-car garage, with barely a walkway.

Still haven't laid hands on any saws, but there are too many people involved to just be a hoax.

Just spoke to the CL poster. I say that as apparently the saws belong to a family friend, who wants them all gone. Apparently I spoke to both his mother and father on earlier call attempts. The "issue" is that he doesn't yet have possession of the saws. He was supposed to get them today, and now says tomorrow. He tells me there are a LOT more then 50. Probably hundreds. Enough to fill to near border status a 2-car garage, with barely a walkway.

Still haven't laid hands on any saws, but there are too many people involved to just be a hoax.

Maybe it's more than a 'hoax'. Seen "Psycho"? Maybe he is his mother. Seen "Arsenic and Old Lace"? Maybe the more A.S. members who show up to check things out in his dark garage, the number of saws mysteriously increases? Sounds like a venus fly trap to me . . . Just sayin.

Philbert

Sounds like he needs help moving all those saws. Maybe you could show up in a large truck w/trailer and some BIG buddies to help with the moving part :

Funny you say that. I suggested the very same thing. I think he's overwhelmed. Told him "I have a truck and trailer, and could help make it happen". Spoke to an associate tonight, I've got some warehouse space available about 30 minutes from where the saws allegedly are. If it happens, I'm ready.

I've got a couple slow months coming. Life brings lemons might as well try to make some lemonade. Never know what you might find in such a stash.

I expect the next contact to be a "well the saws are gone", some Guido fella showed up...

Maybe it's more than a 'hoax'. Seen "Psycho"? Maybe he is his mother. Seen "Arsenic and Old Lace"? Maybe the more A.S. members who show up to check things out in his dark garage, the number of saws mysteriously increases? Sounds like a venus fly trap to me . . . Just sayin.

Philbert

Lol, man bait huh?

You do know the second part of that Guido guy's handle is, don't you?

That's why it came to mind.

They will all be homelite150s:what:

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

150's, plastic Poulan's, and mini macs. 3 or 4 cords of em... Great, now I'm gonna have bad dreams.

Close by as it is, I'll play it out. Why not?

THIS IS GETTING...REALLY GOOD! :popcorn:

KEEP PRESSING THIS DUDE!!!!!!:sword:

Sounds like he needs help moving all those saws. Maybe you could show up in a large truck w/trailer and some BIG buddies to help with the moving part!

This has got the makings of an epic saw tale!:chainsaw:

Philbert

Yep, I heard about some of them barns full of saws hoax's. Just a bunch of bullarchy like Joe B says. :D

Unless of course you live on the left coast.

CIMG2828.jpg

CIMG2830.jpg

CIMG2829.jpg

altsaw003.jpg

altsaw005.jpg

altsaw006.jpg

altsaw007.jpg

Latest posts

Back