I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh i c

the last add you posted is that the original owner of the chainsaw?

if so i seen some climbing stuff that i would like to have in his store. but i really don't know who to trust on e-bay anymore.

The scammers copy and paste portions or sometimes complete ads into their fake ads.

Unfortunatly EBAY is very slow about shutting them down and the damge gets done with those buy now-paynow options.

i have had several freinds get their ads copied and then relisted in these hacked accounts.

A few years back there was a bunch of saws that I new personaly, listed on a foreign site called ALIBABA. But you had to place a minimum order of 50 saws to start your order process. :confused:

She looks like QUITE a HIGH maintenance unit.

Speaking of the classifieds, will somebody go and buy that damn 3400 before I do.:msp_sneaky:

Is there any way to ban yourself from there??
If you ban yourself too much you'll go blind. I stopped when I started wearing glasses. ;)

Did you guys see the 090 that sold for 2700 plus 50 shipping on ebay, thats crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a new one that went for $3100 a few weeks back.

mid 80's echo chainsaw 500evl

what do you think? Is this the one thats been recalled? Should I ask for the serial number? if not, is it worth $60 to run it?

Thanks
jeff

Heavy for 50cc's, they run well and built like a tank. Good enough firewood saw. No recall on that one because it's electronic ignition, hence the 'E' VL. The recalls were points saws.

Good A/V, adjustable oiler, I'd give $50 for it if it ran good.

I actually got this saw! It turns out it was just a cracked impulse line was the main problem. Cant see anything else obvious but, will do pressure tests after its back together. The piston did scorch a little on the exhaust side but, the cylinder didnt have any scoring other than some aluminum transfer that should clean up nicely with some muriatic acid. What was interesting is their were 2 old bar mount studs wedged between the tank and the crankcase when I seperated it. Debating about porting it or put back together with new piston first then decide....have another 16 saws I am working on so think I will wait....

Ancient Homelite and a Titan for too much money.

HOMELITE CHAIN SAWS FOR SALE

Maybe a 26LCS. Not sure on the Titan model. Both of these saws are older than what I mess with.

This guy has been relisting the same ad for about a year (so may be willing to negotiate.....who knows). He's within 10 minutes of me.........................so if you're able to get a saw from him for realistic money, I'll help you get it shipped. I don't know the guy and have no connection to him or his saws etc etc etc....

Nib ms200t

STIHL Chain Saw

I drive through there on the way to/from work. Could pick this up and ship it if someone buys it from him. Doesn't look like a great price to me............but I'm not an arborist. Maybe somebody could talk him down a bit...

Latest posts

Back