I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Included Area in Your Post

This thread would be a lot more useful if people would include the area that the ad is from.

For instance:

Denver, CO Area
Nice Wild Thing for Sale
<Ebay/Craigslist Hyperlink Here>

I can't be the only person who only looks for stuff nearby!

This thread would be a lot more useful if people would include the area that the ad is from.

For instance:

Denver, CO Area
Nice Wild Thing for Sale
<Ebay/Craigslist Hyperlink Here>

I can't be the only person who only looks for stuff nearby!

If the link is posted correctly that information is contained in the ad. If you are saying that you would like having the location spelled out so you don't have to exert the energy "clicking" on irrelevant ads, then I would suggest taking up a different hobby..........LOL!!!

If the link is posted correctly that information is contained in the ad. If you are saying that you would like having the location spelled out so you don't have to exert the energy "clicking" on irrelevant ads, then I would suggest taking up a different hobby..........LOL!!!

Thanks for the advice but a simple location spelled out in the post here on arboristsite saves umpteen people having to load up any given ad to find out where it is. This is not really applicable to ebay, since finding local ebay sellers seems very rare.

If a person is generous enough to take his time and post a link to something interesting for sale, he can type another 30 characters to help even more. Save bandwidth and time (money).

Thanks for the advice but a simple location spelled out in the post here on arboristsite saves umpteen people having to load up any given ad to find out where it is. This is not really applicable to ebay, since finding local ebay sellers seems very rare.

If a person is generous enough to take his time and post a link to something interesting for sale, he can type another 30 characters to help even more. Save bandwidth and time (money).

Would it be easier if the ads were just emailed to you directly?

Was really looking forward to the picture of the WENCH!! Could be a good surprise.. wonder why he wants her gone?

chainsaw and wench

Got enough saws FOR NOW, could use another wench. Something in the Asian 95lb range to walk up and down my back after a day of cutting firewood. Damn, did I just type that out loud? :msp_scared:

If you could filter out the stuff not local to me, sure, that would help a lot.

Wow there are sure a lot of smart asses on here! I love this site.

If you only wanted the stuff local to you why wouldn't you just search your local Craigslist? Or, is that somehow harder than clicking to come here, then looking through all the posts to see if anyone posted something local to you, then clicking on their link, then going to your local Craigslist? I don't follow your logic, you just complained that clicking on a link was to much work, yet you are adding 5 extra steps to the process. How is that easier/faster? :confused:

Vintage Mcculloch Pro Mac Super Pro 55 55a Chain Saw ChainSaw Has Compression | eBay

In his description, he asks for someone to tell him what saw he has, so he can correct his listing and 'price the saw accordingly'. He's relisted it a few times with "pro mac super pro chainsaw" as the title. I contacted the seller and told him that his saw is NOT a pro mac or super pro model, but rather a Super 55 or Super 55A. He relisted twice more without chainging his listing. I see that he just now relisted with "Super 55 Super 55A" in the title......................but still has the "pro mac super pro" language in his title and description (and still states "I believe it to be a superpro of some sort"). People will cling to the things they believe..................even when faced with the truth I guess. Either that or he thinks he'll get more bids with "pro mac super pro" wording....:laugh:

Tell him what a pos they are so he will lower the price!

Has anyone seen these before?

I was looking for chainsaws on ebay and came across this.

The seller has sold quite a few of them. But there is no brand listed anywhere. Does anyone know what they are?

$(KGrHqF,!o0F!HGkofyEBQP9HCFeEg~~60_57.JPG

Tell him what a pos they are so he will lower the price!

I sent him three messages (over the period of several weeks of him relisting over and over) before he changed ANYTHING in his ad (and all he did was add "55 55A" to his title line). Despite the wording in his description (which is still there) stating a desire to find out what his saw actually is (as he "would be happy to update it & price it accordingly as well") he has largely ignored my advice. Oh well. He can choke on the saw for all I care. Looking at the ad again today, it looks like he dropped the BIN price to the bargain level of $314.99. I doubt that he's made that change for any other reason than the fact that he's been sitting on the dang thing (with no real offers) for several months. He's still about $300 too high for me. At least he offers 'free' shipping..:jester:

Chinese knock off. 25:1 mix ratio is kind of whacky but typical of these.

I'm not a fan of Chinese junk, but I keep coming back to this one. It offers a 3 year SquareTrade warranty for $17.99. So $115 for at least three years of 50cc saw. More than likely it wouldn't last the three years and I would get the full refund. Am I crazy to think this is a good idea?

I'm not a fan of Chinese junk, but I keep coming back to this one. It offers a 3 year SquareTrade warranty for $17.99. So $115 for at least three years of 50cc saw. More than likely it wouldn't last the three years and I would get the full refund. Am I crazy to think this is a good idea?

You are right, you are crazy for thinking it is a good deal. You want a good deal look for 46cc Poulan like a 295 that needs some repair. Do a muffler mod on it and it will run great and last you for years of fire wood cutting.

Latest posts

Back