I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McColough Chain saw - $50 (OLD SAYBROOK CT)

Here it is again ... about 45 minutes away from me if anyone is interested.

McColough Chain saw

1970 s chain saw was pickled and put away after the hurricane of 1974!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just cant throw it away - trade something

CALL
LOU
860-575-0534

TRUCK TRACTOR DUMP TRAILER FLATBED harley sportster 1000 motor repairs - mechanic -harley davidson - motorcycle

Here it is again ... about 45 minutes away from me if anyone is interested.

McColough Chain saw

1970 s chain saw was pickled and put away after the hurricane of 1974!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just cant throw it away - trade something

CALL
LOU
860-575-0534

TRUCK TRACTOR DUMP TRAILER FLATBED harley sportster 1000 motor repairs - mechanic -harley davidson - motorcycle

It would be nice if people would apply some lubricant or grease to the chain before storing them for long periods of time.

:msp_confused:

:confused2:

:confused:

"...I WILL ONLY SHIP TO east of the mississipi."

Craftsman aka Poulan Runs Good | eBay

Sounds like seller wants the shipping to be a bit less than in the listing so that they make a couple extra dollars.

That seller has had some fishy listings IMHO. They had a Mac runner listed not too long ago that I asked a question on. Whoever composed the listing clearly had some saw knowledge, but the reply to my question had the " .. I dunno, I just dug it outta the barn .." tone to it.

I would bet money it's not a gear drive, unless that pic is very deceiving.

You would win. A huge difference in that saw and a real gearhead. :D

wright014-1.jpg

Originally Posted by cbfarmall
"Is a very Rare (Running) McCULLOCH 740 Chain Saw manufactured May 1963." (Direct quote from ad)

I think the rare part actually refers to the fact that it's a running McCulloch. I could be wrong.

Chris B.

Chris you've been hanging around Mark too much.:jester:

Aaron, thanks for quoting that! :ices_rofl:

Chris edited his post and I never would have seen that otherwise! :hmm3grin2orange:

:confused2:

:confused:

"...I WILL ONLY SHIP TO east of the mississipi."

Craftsman aka Poulan Runs Good | eBay

HA HA HA... Suck it Texan.... That's all mine!......LOL:buttkick:

Seriously (I can't tell from your post), a used Craftsman/Poulan 4218 for $80.00 + shipping? You are welcome to it :msp_lol:! A few months ago I could have bought one or several dozen of the Craftsman/Poulan 4218s for a hair under $60.00 each.

Sounds like seller wants the shipping to be a bit less than in the listing so that they make a couple extra dollars.

That seller has had some fishy listings IMHO. They had a Mac runner listed not too long ago that I asked a question on. Whoever composed the listing clearly had some saw knowledge, but the reply to my question had the " .. I dunno, I just dug it outta the barn .." tone to it.

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't asked any questions, the Craftsman the seller has listed is of no interest to me.

I have seen a few guys smoke their chains . . . .

Philbert

I do know this, I had some red oak milled, and stickered the lumber to dry in the garage. What ever the wood gave off as it dried, pitted and oxidized the casings on my saws, where the paint had chipped and worn.

Seriously (I can't tell from your post), a used Craftsman/Poulan 4218 for $80.00 + shipping? You are welcome to it :msp_lol:! A few months ago I could have bought one or several dozen of the Craftsman/Poulan 4218s for a hair under $60.00 each.

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't asked any questions, the Craftsman the seller has listed is of no interest to me.

I was just kidding. I'm a sarcastic typer and sometimes it gets me in trouble. All in jest. Sorry.. I really don't hate Texans and you've been nothing but super helpful to my quest for poulan excellence.

Those saws are the ones I get for $5 @ at my local. I have a pile:spam:

Helpful tool for Finding stuff on Craigslist

.. Long time lurker here.. but thought I would chime in with a cool tool that I use to find potential jobs, parts and equipment on Craigslist.

It's called cl alerts . You basically install this bookmarklet head over to craigslist and perform a search and then hit the bookmark button for "Craigslist Alerts" and it sends you updates via email anytime that search has been updated..

It's helped me find a number of new jobs and some great deals on equipment. Hope this helps :) :clap:

Back