I screwed up porting my Husqvarna 55 now what should I do???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a 55 parts saw today. Piston has light scoring through the exhaust but cylinder will likely clean up. I can pull it apart and assess if you are interested.

Mike

Yes, I'm going to be a little harsh here. You didn't do your homework. There's no reason to ruin a jug like this. A little bit of reading would have told you to never raise the intake or lower the exhaust. You didn't raise it just a little either. We're here to help you guys with projects like this. There are lots of threads with porting info, several with detailed how-to pics. OK, end of rant:)

Sorry to say this! But why on earth raise the inlet? If you wont to change the timing, lower the inlet, raise the exhaust and the transfers ! What you did makes my think you don't understand the 2 stroke philosophy!

Wow, whats with all the attacks here all of a sudden? I certainly not blaming any one but myself. It's really not that big of deal. Just wanted some opinions on it, not like I was asking for some goverment bail out for my chainsaw repair.

I'm not just out to attack you. My message is to everyone, that's there's no reason to ruin a cylinder, even on your first port job. There's more than enough info out there to do it right the first time and have a great running and reliable saw. That's all. Regroup and try again.

Wow, whats with all the attacks here all of a sudden? I certainly not blaming any one but myself. It's really not that big of deal. Just wanted some opinions on it, not like I was asking for some goverment bail out for my chainsaw repair.

Don't worry about it, I just farked a 50 cylinder up by putting in my boost ports to high. Stuff happens, it's all part of it and you learn from it and go on and try not to make the same mistake twice. :cheers:

Ease up on the goo on the one you replace it with, if there is that much on the outside there is probably that much on the inside also. Very thin layer will seal it.

OK, Next question is I bought an A/M cylinder and it has the hole in it for the decompresion valve. Does that hole threw the cylinder affect the preformance of it? My original did not have it. So I would just plug it. But just wondering.

OK, Next question is I bought an A/M cylinder and it has the hole in it for the decompresion valve. Does that hole threw the cylinder affect the preformance of it? My original did not have it. So I would just plug it. But just wondering.

Won't really effect performance on a work saw. In fact they are nice to have. Keeps the strain off the starter components, from your shoulder on down. Grab a decomp and stick it in there.

If you are building a race saw, plug the hole and drive on!

Mike

Latest posts

Back