I think I stole an 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJLOGGER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a friend who is the manager at a pawn shop. I went in there the other day and spotted a sweet 044 that he just put out. The saw is in excellent condition the paint on the bar was just slightly wore. He told me that the person who had the saw got a loan and put that down as colladeral but never paid them back so he is selling the saw. I asked him how much he would sell it to me, he said "oh I guess I'll let you have it for $120. I fell on the floor. It's mine now and man that thing runs like new.... it practically is. I'll try and post pictures. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, and before someone mentions it, I have been a cop for three years now and I ran the #'s. She's clean.

AJLOGGER said:
Oh, and before someone mentions it, I have been a cop for three years now and I ran the #'s. She's clean.

Just wondering. Where did you run the serial number ? Do you have access to a decent database ?

Bill

Now we know why the police go so easy on "pawnshops" that are fencing items.

:monkey:

:hmm3grin2orange:
enjoy that saw.

Stihl has a database of stolen Stihl saws (only started a year or so ago) and tracks registrations. Getting the prior owners name and a quick call can go a long way to figuring out if a saw is stolen.

Just last week I bought a Stihl 038AV 32" for........$150.00. I could not believe it:jawdrop: He just said, he simply did not need it anymore. It runs great....man alot of power in her!!!!:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back