I was asked to create...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I started creating.
View attachment 229140

I made one of these a few years ago and it is still in the hardware store I worked at. They said "do you know how many times we could have sold that thing??" I said, so sell it. I will make some more!

Now, my question for the crowd here is can I find some more whoopie bars for cheap? Let's not go beyond 18 inch, with 16 and smaller prefered. Don't give a crap who made them. If it is a .325 sprocket nose I would kind of like something for a drive sprocket.
I would be happy to pay shipping and a modest fee for your efforts. I don't know what the yearly production would be, but I could use another dozen bars pretty quick.

Thanks for the consideration! (and they are a blast to create:hmm3grin2orange:)
Patrick

Bwahahaha, that's funny as heck! New and improved biodrive! GTG three cut speed contests!

"What didja do to it to get such great times, what's your secret,, pop up, port it"? "Nope, four burritos for lunch, with the special atomic hotsauce"!

Bwahahaha, that's funny as heck! New and improved biodrive! GTG three cut speed contests!

"What didja do to it to get such great times, what's your secret,, pop up, port it"? "Nope, four burritos for lunch, with the special atomic hotsauce"!

Wait until you see the overdrive model. 2 to 1 gear up!! Might even fabricate a "bucking spike" for it :clap:

and this has been done before. Found a pic a few years ago... and if you run it on burrito power you can't claim zero emissions :msp_w00t:

Just sent you some creativity rep. I wish you were closer, I have a bunch of bars I could supply you with back in Virginia. I would call around to some local saw shops and tree companies and see if they have old bars laying around.

Is that the new Hybrid saw that all these politicians are talking about?

creativity rep sent!

Wait until you see the overdrive model. 2 to 1 gear up!! Might even fabricate a "bucking spike" for it :clap:

and this has been done before. Found a pic a few years ago... and if you run it on burrito power you can't claim zero emissions :msp_w00t:

hehehehehehe

You need a longer bar *two man* version as well. And a tophandle!

Ya, just go to any local saw shop, every one out there got a stack of old small bars kicking around no doubt.

repreprepreprepreprep...sent

gawd I want one to pull out of the toolbox at the next church spring work day..."what?...it's just a little pruning"

my last teet's up bar is long gone...should have another off the brush saw in a month...

does the paint have to be good?

Last edited:
i see you have a left handed option there with the homelite. If you were closer you could come git all the homeowner bars you wanted along with whats left of the powerheads just for that homelite in trade.
Sent you a little rep for the chuckle.

we had something in a similar vein advertised on ebay in aus last year. was advertised as a 'used chain saw' which was comprised of a hacksaw frame with a few links of chain in it. It was normal lifting chain, not chainsaw chain. The ad was great, well worded. A couple of the gems (from memory) were '2 stroke design (forwards and backwards), very safe, guaranteed not to cut anything, never needs sharpening, etc etc.

Sold for about $20 if I remember.

Shaun

Thanks for all the kind words

And REP. way cool..... :yoyo:

Anybody with a little handyman in him could build these...
They are on display now at my local True Value store. $30 for the normal ones, and $40 for the geared up model (which worked like a champ :rock:)

Carve the handle out of a hunk of 1 X 6, trace your hand saw to get a idea. Add some embelishment with more tails...
The shaft thru the wood is not wearing on the wood (this is quality) use a piece of 1/4 NPS nipple from like a old ceiling lamp. Alternate would to use a 1/4 water pipe and stick a nut on each end. Then drill it out until a 3/8 rod slides thru. Weld on a old rim using a washer or two... other side, weld a washer or nut to the rod to keep it tight. Then fabricate the crank handle! Mount the bar with just a couple of carriage bolts, fender washers to get the spacing about right. Slap a chain on it. Done.

I will get some pic's of the geared up model... that one was fun!!

-Pat

Latest posts

Back