Idiot with saw.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep no chain. Hope he keeps it that way with those starting methods as well. BUT, I do give him credit for doing a Seafoam de-carbing on that little saw. For those not in the know, running seafoam mixed with gas(at the right mixture) will break loose and disolve old carbon deposits, cleaning out the exhaust port and muffler area as well as all internals to rid the motor of carbon build-up. It works and works very,very well. Did this proccess to an old 65hp Johnson boat motor that liked to leave a slight trail of smoke behind it while on the water. I de-carbed the motor and miraculously, NO more smoke.
I had seen recently where someone had called this snake oil. One man's opinion and that's fine but I would highly reccomend reading up on this proccess before cirticizing as it's widely known in the boating world to be an extremely effective method in ridding old two stroke motors of carbon buil-up. If you want to read up on this I reccomend going to iboat.com and do a search on Seafoam or de-carbing. A wealth of info there. FYI.....There is a proccess to follow in doing this so read up before attempting.

Last edited:
Inexperienced kid with an interest in learning about mechanical issues. That's a good thing.

Doing it with no supervision or apparent guidance. That's a bad thnig.

Why more Seafoam was needed.....no idea.

This is why PARENTING is so important. Great opportunity for a father to get some quality time with his son (A point I try to remember myself). Give the kid some guidance and improve his competency while instilling safe practices.

BTW - Seafoam Fogger (aerosol) is impressive. It works like ether, has lubrication qualities, and still burns off carbon. It can be used as a "fogger" like you use to winterize a boat motor. I've used it during the last month or so. I like it.

Inexperienced kid with an interest in learning about mechanical issues. That's a good thing.

Doing it with no supervision or apparent guidance. That's a bad thnig.

Why more Seafoam was needed.....no idea.

This is why PARENTING is so important. Great opportunity for a father to get some quality time with his son (A point I try to remember myself). Give the kid some guidance and improve his competency while instilling safe practices.

BTW - Seafoam Fogger (aerosol) is impressive. It works like ether, has lubrication qualities, and still burns off carbon. It can be used as a "fogger" like you use to winterize a boat motor. I've used it during the last month or so. I like it.
It's called Deep Creep. Not sure I would use it for winterizing though. Does it claim to be used as a fogger as well?

It's called Deep Creep. Not sure I would use it for winterizing though. Does it claim to be used as a fogger as well?

It actually is called Seafoam Fogger. I saw it for the first time about a month ago and bought a can ($9) at Advance Auto. I'll have to read the can to make sure, but I do think it mentioned using it for long-term storage. Can't see why not, WD-40 sure has been used to do the same thing. Lubricates and displaces moisture.

It actually is called Seafoam Fogger. I saw it for the first time about a month ago and bought a can ($9) at Advance Auto. I'll have to read the can to make sure, but I do think it mentioned using it for long-term storage. Can't see why not, WD-40 sure has been used to do the same thing. Lubricates and displaces moisture.

That's interesting. I've never seen Seafoam fogger. Only the Deep Creep. I'll have to watch for it. Thanks!

:deadhorse:It appears this young man is not to fond of his hands and legs. SHOOT THIS GUY....... an email if someone recognizes him and let him know he is playing with a variable death machine. Better get some respect for that or any saw quick before he learns the hard way. Would like to see this boy again in the future intact!
Just kidding about the SHOOTing part.
:chainsawguy:

I bet he'll be AS's next saw modder! Lol
Somebody should send him a message and tell him to come here and that he's famous already! Lol
Gypo

I guess I need a bigger screen, I couldn't tell if the chain was on or off. I did notice he had a zip tie on the trigger. I've been a motor head since birth and I remember more than one time trying to blow an engine up just to see what happened. People used to give us old cars to take apart and play with. We drained the gear oil out of a rear in one we were taking to the junk yard. It made it about 20 miles and was getting really loud but it was still going, Joe.

Hot muffler and no gas cap oops could get a little warm.

On the other hand we had a Mac eager beaver that did not want to run so we put a capfull of Balls nitro methane in it. Rand great but would not shut off until the tank went dry. Lots of power too but a little hard on the seals.

Billy

already on it....

Cool, did you get hold of him?
Here's the "Burl King", Scully, who I got two 090's from. Does it look dangerous? Lol
Gypo

Scully.jpg

he has yet to respond.....maybe he is afraid to turn to the modded side.

Latest posts

Back