If you could only have one brand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you could only chooose one brand

• Stihl

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Johnsered

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm doing this just to see which one comes out on top.I've started to do it several times,but haven't just because I thought it was kind of a dumb idea...But WTH,I'm bored and it's too hot to go outside...Certain saws I favor husky and for others I favor Stihl.I own more Stihl's than Husky's...So I vote Stihl.I'm not close to a Dolmar or Jred dealer,so I can't speak for them..So if you could only have one brand,what would it be?

Well you ought to be happy since 90% of the votes will be for ORANGE saws!!! :biggrinbounce2: Thankfully, none of them combine it with purple.

Stihl for me. I hate to admit that because I like being different. But in this case, being different doesn't pay.

Last edited:
I favor Stihl, it is what I have always had. After I get my milling machine in a few weeks I will build a Husky (385). I may like it, or it may be for sale, who knows.

Husqvarna here. I never can understand why you need to clean a air filter every other tank on the stihls. I like maybe once every 2 1/2 gals with teh husky.
Bob

Well i use to be a husky guy for years but had alot of trouble with them a few years back now it stihl for me but i have a couple 385's modded by gypo logger and the seem to be pretty good saws so far.Only time will tell if they will last like stihl.

I vote Stihl, based on dealer support, the 200t and 460. If I were delegated to two saws, those would be what I own!!
I love my Huskies, and am sure the 7900 is probably better than the 460, but nobody makes anything like the 200t, that was the dealer breaker!

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing this just to see which one comes out on top.I've started to do it several times,but haven't just because I thought it was kind of a dumb idea...But WTH,I'm bored and it's too hot to go outside...Certain saws I favor husky and for others I favor Stihl.I own more Stihl's than Husky's...So I vote Stihl.I'm not close to a Dolmar or Jred dealer,so I can't speak for them..So if you could only have one brand,what would it be?

Timber, you must be bored!!!!!!!!!!!

STIHL

a look at every manf poll started here will show Stihl as a far and away winner, though imo they lately have a better PR dept than product in many cases, they are still a very solid dependable manufacturer.
-Ralph

Anyone wanna guess who the two jonsered votes are from? :laugh:

Go for it, Told ya I 'm not voting. So that should help alittle:popcorn:

Question I got is how many Stihl heads make it in the water before the bridge brakes?

Last edited:
This poll is predjudiced..

I dont see

POULAN

McCulloch

TANAKA

HOMELITE

Last edited:
This poll is predjudiced..

I dont see

POULAN

McCulloch

TANAKA

HOMELITE

If this poll was taken 30-40-50 years ago you would have seen these saw except for Tanaka. The old Homies and Macs and of course the old two man cross cuts built this country. Sad to say it ain't so anymore. I like my Stihls, but still like to hear the old ones roar.

a look at every manf poll started here will show Stihl as a far and away winner, though imo they lately have a better PR dept than product in many cases, they are still a very solid dependable manufacturer.
-Ralph

C'mon Ralph..Don't give it away for me....But seriously I haven't ever seen a poll like this,at least since I have been here.

Latest posts

Back