If you could only have one brand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you could only chooose one brand

• Stihl

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Johnsered

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
STIHL, nuff said............

LXT................:chainsawguy:

I love my dolmars

I like My huskies.

I Love my Stihl's. The dealer support is the best here.

I'm not gonna vote because i will never have only one brand of a saw. But if I had to vote, it would start with an S. I prefer to use my dolmars over the others, but they don't quite have the dealer and parts support that Stihl does. Husky is a shot in the bucket anymore. Might as well add them to the list of oldies but goodies.....that aren't on this list....

My first big saw was a husky,or I should say my first saw over 70cc's.I know I'll never have just one brand,but what has really turned me against husky in the last few years is all of a sudden you can buy one from just about any arborist supply catalog,to mention Lowes,Tractor Supply and Northern Hydraulics...Though you're not likely to find a 3120 or a 395 at the box stores..I just like to know that whatever I buy has been carefully set-up and I like to know I can deal with someone face to face if I have a problem..As I've said before,my dealer sells both,but he is talking about dropping husky's for two reason..
1..They just aren't moving like they used to,more people are buying Stihl's.
2...Husky forces him to order a certain dollar amount of inventory every year,and he ends up having to sell some things for not much above cost.....
A few months ago I might have picked husky,but once I heard this from him it's really made me look the other way

5 years ago it would have been stihl, but I think they've been sitting back and haven't kept up with the improvements that the competition has been making:chainsaw:

you're in for a pleasent surprise then... they have been working away.. but just haven't needed to release any. Sales are king.. why screw with sales winners... ??

Sure wish somone would give then a little competition though... wait.. do we REALLY want a 461 or a 661??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: damn EPA.

Last edited:
you're in for a pleasent surprise then... they have been working away.. but just haven't needed to release any. Sales are king.. why screw with sales winners... ??

Sure wish somone would give then a little competition though... wait.. do we REALLY want a 461 or a 661??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: damn EPA.

I'm gonna try to snatch up a few more 460's before they decide to give us a 461...And hopefully things will pick back up soon,I would like to buy an 880 just to keep.Maybe in 20 years it'll be worth something..I sure would have held on to one of my bossman's 076's or 090's if I would have known then what I know now.

Anyone wanna guess who the two jonsered votes are from? :laugh:
Hmmmmm........Welp.......it ain't Lakeside or Thall
490.gif

Only loosers quit:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:
Well you make a point maybe I would help design
a saw for them so I could get work out of it instead of on it!
My main beef with them is the bs choke switch,cheap flippy gas caps etc. I don't want gadgets I want a saw. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back