if you could only have one saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wdchuck

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Most anyone can run a 50cc saw for a days cutting, with breaks to sharpen, and relax a bit with tossing cut pieces into the truck bed. Regardless of brand, the saw needs to be comfortable enough for the weekend warrior to work without being fatigued into making mistakes.

Keep a sharp chain, and some spares along for the day, it's all you need for 10cord or less.

My personal favorite is the 028, with a 16" bar. Keep it sharp, and you can fill a truck bed in no time at all.

Last edited:
JONSEREDFAN6069

JONSEREDFAN6069

Wheeler McDealer
this is it for me.
attachment.php

Wood Doctor
If you could only have one saw to heat your home, what would it be??? me it would be a 372XP..
The best of them all:
Stihl MS 361
Except it does not heat my home. It makes it possible to heat my home with firewood, and if I had to own only one saw to make it all possible, that's the one.

tballard

tballard

ArboristSite Member
MS441, 24" bar, 72LGX chain. Runs like a raped ape, low weight and low vibrations make it easy to run all day with little fatigue. Versitile enough to do just about any job.

buckwheat

buckwheat

ArboristSite Guru
Walkerized 026 with a solid 16" bar. 3/8" chisel. I've also got an 18" setup for it if I have to, and on rare occasions I've run a 24" with half-skip, although the balance is pretty funky.

95% of the time a 16" is all I need. Makes no sense carrying anything heavier.

Latest posts