if you could only have one saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess 044, 440, 046, or 460 will do for me. I just finished a 30" red oak around the house with 044 with 25" bar. Would have been faster with a bigger saw but if I can only have one saw, I'll stick with what I got.

Most anyone can run a 50cc saw for a days cutting, with breaks to sharpen, and relax a bit with tossing cut pieces into the truck bed. Regardless of brand, the saw needs to be comfortable enough for the weekend warrior to work without being fatigued into making mistakes.

Keep a sharp chain, and some spares along for the day, it's all you need for 10cord or less.

My personal favorite is the 028, with a 16" bar. Keep it sharp, and you can fill a truck bed in no time at all.

Last edited:
this is it for me.
attachment.php

If you could only have one saw to heat your home, what would it be??? me it would be a 372XP..
The best of them all:
Stihl MS 361
Except it does not heat my home. It makes it possible to heat my home with firewood, and if I had to own only one saw to make it all possible, that's the one.

MS441, 24" bar, 72LGX chain. Runs like a raped ape, low weight and low vibrations make it easy to run all day with little fatigue. Versitile enough to do just about any job.

This is an easy one, 066 dual port muffler and 28" bar :cheers: handles everything I've run into and gets the job done fast, which gives more time for :givebeer:

Walkerized 026 with a solid 16" bar. 3/8" chisel. I've also got an 18" setup for it if I have to, and on rare occasions I've run a 24" with half-skip, although the balance is pretty funky.

95% of the time a 16" is all I need. Makes no sense carrying anything heavier.

Latest posts

Back