If you only want ONE saw, this is it...(w/pics).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I was actually going to put down a 361, but thought better of it. Didn't want to start anything again...know what I mean?

What here???!! Noooooooo...

Howdy Hunky, good choice of saw, I just got one myself and it is a mean little saw!:chainsawguy: If Dolmar can get these saws out to more folks around the country, they're gonna be a real problem for the big guys!:D

In my opinion, It's a waste of time cutting wood that large with a 50cc saw. How long did each round take to cut? Let's say you take 20 seconds, which is generous. Cut with a larger saw, say an 066 or 394, you would be saving mucho time. You said 24", I have my 365 husky out long before the logs get that big. I am usually on to the 394 with stuff that large. I get what you say about if you could only have one saw. If I could only have one, it would be my 365.

Not everyone needs to have their cookies in 5.3 seconds. ;) For a one-saw-only all around machine, he's made a pretty darn good choice. (Though, if I was to only have one saw, I'd probably want something around 65cc, but that's just me)

Not everyone needs to have their cookies in 5.3 seconds. ;) For a one-saw-only all around machine, he's made a pretty darn good choice. (Though, if I was to only have one saw, I'd probably want something around 65cc, but that's just me)

I am a bit touched as far as big saws. I am a big guy who doesn't get bothered carrying a large saw around. Heck, my first chainsaw was a 3120 husky.

I'm sure the 5100 is a nice saw, wouldn't mind having one someday. But only one???????? I am thinking 372, 440, 7900 or 460 size for all around use.

Yea, I think the Dolmar 7900 or the Stihl ms361 would also be a perfect "one" saw for most people. Of course there is the exceptions....(most everyone here!), but for the average woodcutter using it for felling a wide range of trees ,but nothing too large, they all would be perfect *One* saws.

The Stihls just going to cost more!;)

I bet the dolmar 5100 is a sweet saw but I am sold on my stihl ms361 as a perfect saw!!! Pricey yes, But can not think of a better saw for my needs. Very nice pad you have there!!!:greenchainsaw:

Only owned the ms361 for a couple of weeks and lean towards it as my one choice:bowdown: :bowdown:

Only if I have to I'm not getting rid of anything:biggrinbounce2:

Cant argue with your saw choice.. it does everything you ask of it (and yes I would like one). But for me it's a 7900, I've had to cut off limbs that are bigger than those rounds ;)

If I was buying 2 saws now though, it would be a 7900 and 5100 :rock:

Cheers

Ian

I have a 20" bar on a Dolmar 7900. It is also a very convenient saw, not heavy, super fast.

There is no such thing as 1 all around saw. Everybody needs at least 2!! :laugh:

My wedding contract says I shall only have one wife, but nothing about being limited to one saw :hmm3grin2orange:

Since I have a few saws already, your question is totally irrelevant now :sucks:

Latest posts

Back