If you were to move to another planet,lots of woods there and only ONE chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Count

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
what chainsaw would you take with you and why ?
think of it as a potential survival tool.
let`s say it never gets broken and you don`t get to meet somebody else with a different saw and complete each other.
one saw for everything : felling, limbing etc.

this topic is not just coz I`m bored. I really care to know; this will tell a lot.

thanks for your patience and for bearing with me.

bu the spaceship that took you there and provides shelter has 9.999.999.999 gallons of it and enough oil. also spare parts if you like. or better yet, take 100 saws but only one model.

have to stick with what i cut my teeth on.

stihl 044.

so either an 044, ms440 or 441.

in my line of work our guys run them pretty damn near 10 hours a day 7 days a week. they hold up. we still have 10 year old saws going. most of the older ones are in the shop as back ups but they are still ready to go if needed.

they probably hold up just as well as a husky but i guess im a little biased becasue its what we run and i see what they go thru. Anyone who works ROW's knows what kind of abuse they recieve. We have a echo and a husky becasue we were in a pinch and couldnt get a stihl out on the job in a timely manner and if they ever go down its very hard to find a dealer with parts stocked, which i guess doesnt matter if om on another planet :laugh:

Well I'd go back in time 1st get a 1989 Stihl 026 325 16inch bar tough easy fix no flippy caps mines lasted all this time without hassle or care. I reckon after the MS, Motor schlagen model change things sadly went downhill.

Oh and I put a buy option on Microsoft shares.

This planet better have sweet alien chicks, I'm feeling like a James T Kirk moment.

For me, it would be a Poulan 4000, with 20" & 24" bars.:)

4000033.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

If I could find one that never broke or needed repair I wouldn't care what it was it would be the perfect saw!

Probably a 372xp or a ms460! Either one is on my saws wanted list!

what chainsaw would you take with you and why ?
think of it as a potential survival tool.
let`s say it never gets broken and you don`t get to meet somebody else with a different saw and complete each other.
one saw for everything : felling, limbing etc.

this topic is not just coz I`m bored. I really care to know; this will tell a lot.

thanks for your patience and for bearing with me.

I moved here about 3500 years ago to the Sahara Forest. We used light saber type devices on the trees there then. Since that time we have learned a little about forest management.

:greenchainsaw:

Wouldn't be worth the trip IMO. I could only have so much fun with 9.999 gallons of fuel.:p

I will take the 066. Big and bad bad bad. but i will need an assortment of bars and chains.

Latest posts

Back