Iggesund Forest chainsaw guide bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is correct. They do have the new design.
At the moment they operate with 3 different designs. The logo that is on wde_1978's 36" bar, the logo on the 53", the 24" has the same logo as the 53", but R2 has been added.

It's good to hear that you like the design on the R1.
The R1 bars complement the R2 bars perfectly.
I actually prefer them over the old style of R1 bars.

Finally had the opportunity to try my Iggesund Forest R2 bar and give my Dolmar PS-7900 a workout she never experienced thus far! ;)

It cost me a dull 115DL round filed chisel chain though! :crazy:

The workout object?
A walnut root ball which had been unearthed a year ago, about 44" wide at the narrower side, still dirt infected.
Cut two slices intended for table tops, the first cut went well, the second not so much as I must have gotten into embedded dirt about 2/3 through the cut. Also the second cut was directly through the roots - needless to say that the chain wasn't very happy and refused to bite. I had to reduce throttle to decrease chain speed and give the chain time to grab on to the hard root wood.

Pictures below.
Never mind the loose chain, I was about to switch the bar out for a 20" when I thought of taking some pictures, as such the bar nuts were already loose and the chain loosened up. ;)

View attachment 447804
View attachment 447805
View attachment 447806
View attachment 447807
View attachment 447808

To complement that post, a video clip of my Dolmar PS-7900 in action while wearing the 36" Iggesund Forest R2 bar:

Forgot to add:

160224488.nj8Lx4KB.jpg

161409830.nmGT35rw.jpg

I guess all those rather heavier "old school" built saws handle long bars better then their modern counterparts - gravity holds them better down.

As said, nice setup You have there! :chainsaw:

Of course a heavy powerhead balances a long and heavy bar better than a light powerhead.

Back