IL, IN, MI, WI, gtg...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So..., How do you folks feel about new guys showing up at these things? It's not very far from me but surely you have 'some' sort of standards, right?:)

Do you own a saw? Do you drink beer? I think them are the only two qualifications. :) LOL Hope to see you there! :cheers:

So..., How do you folks feel about new guys showing up at these things? It's not very far from me but surely you have 'some' sort of standards, right?:)

We LOVE new guys!!!

Just don't pay any attention to all of the "new guy" practical jokes.
We've only had two SERIOUS injuries.
Do you need a few more saws to feel like you fit in???
I might have a few "new guy discount" saws available!LOL

Mike

The list as I know it...

1. Modified Mark
2. rms61moparman
3. kysawsheila
4. Arrowhead
5. OhioGregg
6. FATGUY
7. Andyshine77
8. Bowtechmadman
9. cbfarmall
10. TRI955
11. super3
12. TRWTech
13. Wild Knight
14. headleyj
15. wendell

Well, I do have quite a few saws. Nothing that would likely impress you guys I'm afraid. I was, though, a world class beer drinker until some health issues. I haven't had a beer in 20 months ,7 days, 12 hours, and 36 minutes. I don't miss it any. :) I might be vulnerable to peer pressure though.:cheers:

Naw, maybe just the liver is seasoned. :hmm3grin2orange:

No that is pickled...

We LOVE new guys!!!

Just don't pay any attention to all of the "new guy" practical jokes.
We've only had two SERIOUS injuries.
Do you need a few more saws to feel like you fit in???
I might have a few "new guy discount" saws available!LOL

Mike

I think they both involved FATGUY...LOL

I think I've got it worked out to make it down so add me to the list! :clap:

Sounds great...

Well, I do have quite a few saws. Nothing that would likely impress you guys I'm afraid. I was, though, a world class beer drinker until some health issues. I haven't had a beer in 20 months ,7 days, 12 hours, and 36 minutes. I don't miss it any. :) I might be vulnerable to peer pressure though.:cheers:

Like said you are more than welcome...You can bring saws if you wish or just come over and hang out and put some faces to names...And by the way the beer is not a requirement...It is just an extra for the after saw social hour...

The list as I know it...

1. Modified Mark
2. rms61moparman
3. kysawsheila
4. Arrowhead
5. OhioGregg
6. FATGUY
7. Andyshine77
8. Bowtechmadman
9. cbfarmall
10. TRI955
11. super3
12. TRWTech
13. Wild Knight
14. headleyj
15. wendell

You forgot to add yourself;)

I wish I could make it, but my wife is a nurse and that is her weekend to work:cry::cry::cry: so I have to watch the kids.

I dont think my kids will think it is as much fun as I do though.

Definately mention it to Stihl Guitar...we can share a ride if he don't mind leaving at O'dark thirty sat morning and sleeping in a tent there sat. night.

I'm still unclear on whether I will be able to make it, but I did make sure a few saws would start today just in case.

If it works out I plan to bring at least one each SP125 & SP105, 840 w/48" bar, 1-85, 550, Super 250 , 7-10, and who knows what else; maybe the 200 with a bow bar just for kicks.

Here's hoping...

Mark

I'm still unclear on whether I will be able to make it, but I did make sure a few saws would start today just in case.

If it works out I plan to bring at least one each SP125 & SP105, 840 w/48" bar, 1-85, 550, Super 250 , 7-10, and who knows what else; maybe the 200 with a bow bar just for kicks.

Here's hoping...

Mark

SP125 :clap: I always wanted to run one....

Everything wood wise it pretty much set up...Just got the skidder dropped of at work and decided I am done for the day...:clap:

This should cover most saws up to 70cc's...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A chunk of softwood and a chunk of hardwood...

attachment.php

A couple of pieces just in case Josh brings his mill...Not the best mill logs, but it will give everyone the idea...:cheers:

attachment.php

Looks good! I went out today and some 8"to10" maple to bring for the smaller saws. I needed a few for testing, plus I have a nicer shooting lane from the tree stand now. :cheers:

arrowheadpioneer

Looks good! I went out today and some 8"to10" maple to bring for the smaller saws. I needed a few for testing, plus I have a nicer shooting lane from the tree stand now. :cheers:

Thanks, Ed...

You would think living in central IL, I could have gotten a **** load of soft maple limbs...I think the fact that it has been so hot the tree guys are hanging out at their lake houses vs. cutting wood...:dizzy:

Everything wood wise it pretty much set up...Just got the skidder dropped of at work and decided I am done for the day...:clap:

This should cover most saws up to 70cc's...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A chunk of softwood and a chunk of hardwood...

attachment.php

A couple of pieces just in case Josh brings his mill...Not the best mill logs, but it will give everyone the idea...:cheers:

attachment.php

Thats a good idea to keep whole logs off the ground.

Back