I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He says he bought it at a USPS auction......there's nothing I can really do about it I guess.

I would hope that's not the case. Your/Preston's property went missing while in the USPS' possession. Neither of you was reimbursed for the loss. USPS sold the property for a profit.

Seems the property was in their possession long enough to auction it off, but they denied a claim that they lost it?

PM inbound.

I would hope that's not the case. Your/Preston's property went missing while in the USPS' possession. Neither of you was reimbursed for the loss. USPS sold the property for a profit.

Seems the property was in their possession long enough to auction it off, but they denied a claim that they lost it?

PM inbound.

Are you gonna go all Barney Fife on us?

randy,
i think you aughta turm this case over to brad, the "chain saw investigator"
aka csi...
it ain't like he never solved a chainsaw theft case before !!!!
in fact, i think he has a 100% recovery record too ?!!

lower the price

I have a true dislike of thieves......and anything involving as much government red tape as the USPS. That being said, what is the saw worth? Gotta know what to bid, I would do the local pick-up thing myself?:smile2:

Shea

Can't you ask the seller a question? Tell him you heard its hot. Or better yet get one of your buddies to do it and ask for the serial number at the same time. If nothing else you can buy it cheap....cause all bidders will see the question right?
Let me know if I can help....I have an eBay account and hate thieves too. Pm me if y'all want to set this up.

I would hope the seller would pull the saw off Ebay by now. it isn't hard to contact ebay and do this as a precaution since this is stolen property, one way or another. So, he bought it at a usps auction, irrelevant. It seems there is something extremely fishy going on at the post office. Perhaps the FBI does need to get involved come Monday.

No, if you quit...they win. And they'll probably pull the same stunt on somebody else. Hang in there. PM me if you want.

Well Bob.....neither Preston nor I have a receipt or the serial number. I can see that the saw has been used though...... :msp_unsure:

It's been used a bit.......look at the cut in the MMWS decal. I ship them clean in most cases.

WoW! The world just got smaller finding your saw on Ebay.

I was going to mention the scratch in your sticker.

$T2eC16JHJG8FGtIJ8V5,BR6busIn8w~~60_57.JPG

Since that one worked....

Looks like new bar nuts! Added value!:msp_w00t:

$(KGrHqRHJDoFHi2neBgJBR6bu-0cP!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16hHJH8FHRBed!bhBR6bvb6ObQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
I'm thinking that Randy might have better luck if we all didn't bug the seller. Just a thought.

Exactly, if the seller thinks he is getting ganged up on or going to have problems he will just walk. The guy probably did buy it legit so give him the benfit of the doubt and let him and Randy work on it.

Randy, and others, when shipping within the USA using USPS, what services are you using when things go bad? does this service have a tracking number etc? I have no idea why its so bad internally, I have used USPS literally over 100 times from the USA to AUS with 100% success. I have also had good dealings with DHL from Amazon.

best of luck mate

Back