I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more i think about this, the more mad i get. No wonder people go to post offices with automatic weapons and unload. Randy, i'm gonna contact my friend at the post office and see if he can find anything out on Monday.

On the phone with the postal inspectors, give it a whack with those guys. That is an easily identifiable custom saw. "disappeared" from the post office..uh huh. Someone disappeared it.

This is the inspectors job, one of them anyway. Be sure to get a screen grab, too, you can see the sticker clearly.

+1. The seller might not have a SN tag showing, but that saw's got lots of "character", and plenty of high res images.

Randy, I assume, and I think I read it, that you did a build thread on this saw. I couldn't find it, however. I'd think many of your pics would be able to positively ID that saw. Plastic crack on the AF cover, gouges just below the crack, custom brazed muffler, etc. etc. etc.

Git em! I agree the current seller may not be at fault, but dammit, someone is, and that someone needs to pay.

Im not sure the word frustrated does this situation justice. I don't have any skin in the game and I think I'm beyond frustrated just reading about this. I really hope you get some satisfaction from this situation, but I don't have high hopes.

Local law enforcement said to call the FBI......a federal crime has been committed in their opinion. They ain't open on the weekend. :laugh:

It's a case of a gone saw.........anyone wanna bet?

Be sure to get a screen grab, too, you can see the sticker clearly.[/QUOTE]

What he said,NOW.

Local law enforcement said to call the FBI......a federal crime has been committed in their opinion. They ain't open on the weekend. :laugh:

It's a case of a gone saw.........anyone wanna bet?

Postal Inspectors office is who you contact.

I sent the seller a question. :msp_biggrin:

this is a copy from the actual postal inspector website:

"Skip Navigation LinksHome > Contact Us > Phone Us

Phone Us at 1-877-876-2455

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service likes to keep its customers satisfied, and a new call center helps them do that.

Customers and USPS employees nationwide now can dial one toll-free number, rather than looking up individual phone numbers, for the Postal Inspection Service’s many locations.

Callers can reach the appropriate Postal Inspection Service office by dialing 1-877-876-2455 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in all time zones, and selecting from these options:

Mail service issues [callers are then directed to 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)]
Emergency situations
Mail theft or identity theft issues
Mail fraud issues
Postal Inspection Service customer support

Option No. 2, Emergency situations, is automatically routed to a special operator for assistance if a call is made after business hours."

Randy, do you still have your claim info? I cant find mine but i'm going to bug the sheet out of the usps for the next few weeks just to see what happens. Worst case scenario, i go to jail for threatning to blow up a post office! As for the saw, if he did buy it at a auction, then i guess he is legit on his end. Too bad he doesnt realize what he's got:bang::bang::bang:

I tried to talk with ebay about this.

Husqvarna 394XP "Air Injection" Chainsaw Used Good Compression | eBay

This is the saw that disappeared in the mail about a year ago. With the help of Thomas1 and a few others here we replaced the saw with a nicer one. The USPS never paid the claim and I just chalked it up to experience.

Now it shows up on ebay.....I contacted the seller. He never replied. I contacted ebay and spoke with a lady that barely understood English......she sent me a link to report the item and they refused my report.

#### ebay and the USPS.

I feel a little better now. :laugh:

Where was it going when it disappeared? I'm assuming this is a case where you know it wasn't the receiver scamming you? Do you have the serial number? Was it sent with tracking and do you know the last city it was scanned in?

I don't have the serial number. :(

The seller made sure it couldn't be seen too. :laugh:

Randy a friend of mine , who's retired from the PO, says theft goes on there all the time!! If you put some heat on about this it may help straighten some of the crap that is going on at the PO and Ebay! At least it won't hurt!! Easy enough to do and you may just get your saw back!
I got screwed just recently from a purchase at Ebay! All done with them!

He claims to have acquired yours an 3 others as a lot from an auction feedback rating of 1 (because he bought Breaking Bad DVD) is a total case of buyer beware.

Back