I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They say it's not right to knock on the doors of people who have wronged you. I almost grabbed a 7 year stint at the blue roof in for doing that. That being said it's worth the extra effort to put pressure on whoever is at fault legally. As nice as it would feel to slap someone it's much cheaper to let uncle Sam do it for you.

Its not about the money/time that's invested. It's the principal of situation. People shrugged their shoulders for so long now that the USPS/ eBay doesn't care . At least you're not just sitting around shrugging it off. I admire that.

I just got off of the phone with the Atlanta field office of the FBI. They said I should call back Monday. :popcorn:

I just got off of the phone with the Atlanta field office of the FBI. They said I should call back Monday. :popcorn:

How about that postal inspector number? It is their gig, the dissapeared saw poofed in the post office custody.

I am just not seeing you packing an expensive saw so bad it falls out of the box, and then going to lost and found, so..this leads me to think, inside job.

I don't know, just seems like it, so the postal inspectors might be a better more direct choice over the fbi guys.

How about that postal inspector number? It is their gig, the dissapeared saw poofed in the post office custody.

I am just not seeing you packing an expensive saw so bad it falls out of the box, and then going to lost and found, so..this leads me to think, inside job.

I don't know, just seems like it, so the postal inspectors might be a better more direct choice over the fbi guys.

I called them first.......they said I was #### out of luck.

wonder if the post office auctions off lost or unclaimed stuff ? any way to find out if they sold it ?

wonder if the post office auctions off lost or unclaimed stuff ? any way to find out if they sold it ?

I'm sure they do Brian. Here's my issue with the whole thing. They (the USPS) sent me a letter telling me that the saw was in the dead mail center in Memphis TN. I called and tried to speak with a real live person ten times......and never got a straight answer to this question.....Why is it that if you have enough info to tell me where it is then why can you not just send it back?

They gave me the run around and denied my insurance claim. In my opinion the whole thing stank from the beginning. Now it shows up on ebay?????? And the seller will not reply to my queries??????

I agree with the other folks here, get the post office and any LE possible involved. Postal fraud and interstate commerce....

Funny thing though...I suggested getting the postal inspectors involved in another thread on here a few days ago and one fellow took it as though I was insulting his mother.

Maybe the post office is trying to offset the billion dollars they lose every month by openingan eBay account and selling lost stuff. On a serious note, I hate dealing with the post office, and I wish you the best of luck.

I called them first.......they said I was #### out of luck.

$%^&&&&#$##! doofuses.

Time to go over the first contact head on this one.

Hope you can get this squared away.

I got a recent true crime story! Whut the heck..

Boss almost got nailed bad last week, and I was kinda sorta helpful in at least catching one of the perps, accidently.

I operate the tractor here all the time, so everyone who drives in this neighborhood knows me and where I live. So..I am the apparently designated "help, stuck in the ditch" dood around here.

So last week, some guy I know who is a known local untrustworthy type, and some other real young guy came by, truck off in the ditch into our field. Well, OK, I don't want someones truck in the field, told them I would be over in less than an hour and tow them out (real early, hadn't finished my chores yet)

so..I go over there, no guys, just cops and a firetruck. They really want to talk to who was driving this thing, and it is much worse than what the guys described. They blew right across the ditch at high speed, literally snatched two decent small maples right out of the ground. smashed vehicle, air bags popped, etc.. I very quickly established this was NOT my truck, and just being neighborly to come over and help, got nothing else to do with it. So, they want to know where the guys are, I tell them follow me, we convoy around the farm to the house where the questionable dude lives. Young guy sitting in front yard, splits to the woods when he sees the cops, they jump out and catch him, I ID him.

Swell, I think I am done, go over to get diesel, one of the other farmhands there just musta interrupted a burglary in progress, door kicked into a generator room, tools spread out, other stuff at a tractor like they were trying to unhook some equipment to use the tractor, maybe to yank the gate open, who knows. this just went down with the hour. I am, wow, bet this is connected, and tell thenm about the two guys and the smashed truck in the field. timing is just way way too coincidental.

I put 2 and 2 together, decided the skunks most likely involved in both deals happening at the same time.

Go back to the smashed up truck, tow truck there by this time, but he can't winch it out, hung on another tree, so I hook it up and drag it out of the field and down to the road.

I am now telling the cops what just went down with the robbery right there and shazzam, boss finally shows up as well. I tell him, look in the back of the truck, yep, there's one of his chains sitting there along with other obviously burglarized stuff from someplace else, TVs, other electronics, tools what not. There's a security gate, so they were having to hand walk the stuff out to the street.

The young kid got hauled off for theft of the truck, stole it from his stepdad, no license, no tag, DUI, plus they are looking closer at local burglaries.

Boss collected his tools and they are now stored "elsewhere", including two saws that had left the building and were found stashed in the woods on the path out.

The local skunk is apparently skating for now, but we will be watching him closer. I had heard he was bad news, didn't really know the guy, just of him..

Here is a question I have, it is obvious the saw in question has dust and chips around the clutch/sprocket area. My question is do you ship saws out like that or has it been used since you shipped said saw.

*****I really don't think it matters if you ship with a little dust on it but the answer may provide a clue*****

Here is a question I have, it is obvious the saw in question has dust and chips around the clutch/sprocket area. My question is do you ship saws out like that or has it been used since you shipped said saw.

*****I really don't think it matters if you ship with a little dust on it but the answer may provide a clue*****

It's been used a bit.......look at the cut in the MMWS decal. I ship them clean in most cases.

I was unaware that the saw was "found" at an USPS facility during its travels. I suspect the Postal Service will claim they gave you notice of its location and you failed to retrieve it. There is probably a 400 document that describes how you do it and how they dispose of it if it is unclaimed. I am sure they held it for a period of time and then disposed of it. Of course, they just could have returned to us as easily.

I was unaware that the saw was "found" at an USPS facility during its travels. I suspect the Postal Service will claim they gave you notice of its location and you failed to retrieve it. There is probably a 400 document that describes how you do it and how they dispose of it if it is unclaimed. I am sure they held it for a period of time and then disposed of it. Of course, they just could have returned to us as easily.

My brother sent an 036 Pro via USPS to me to repair for him. It disappeared somewhere along the way from NC. They found reason after reason to deny his claim too. The latest was this.... They sent me a letter telling me to take the parcel to my local PO for inspection. I wrote them back and told them that I could not because the parcel never arrived. They turned down his claim because I didn't comply with their instructions. :dizzy:

I use FedEx now.......to hell with USPS.

To hell with UPS too i had a Techlite bar get as far a Maumee,OH and never left the facility and all UPS said was we'll look into it and that was 5 months ago and still no word on my bar,but the shipper did return my money after seeing it stuck in OH so i'm not worried about it. I bought one from TK instead and saved money in the end.

I have a true dislike of thieves......and anything involving as much government red tape as the USPS. That being said, what is the saw worth? Gotta know what to bid, I would do the local pick-up thing myself?:smile2:

Shea

Back