I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hear alot of this type of frustration. i work for UPS, and we lose alot of business to fed ex and usps, because they are cheaper. then about 6 months later, we get the business back because of their terrible tracking system and unwillingness to pay claims.

If you have enough photo documentation, you might try to raise the interest of a TV 'Watchdog' reporter who would like to take on USPS and eBay for 'the little guy'. Stolen goods connection between USPS and eBay could raise their interest.

Philbert

I know of an instructor for the NRA who sent a 1500-2000 dollar scope to a FBI instructor/agent. It was "lost" by USPS. They failed to pay despite insurance coverage also. They went up the chain to someone in Washington DC and still didnt get anything done.

I remember them telling us this during an instructor class and I remember thinking ..damn, if they can't get it done ..who could? They discovered that USPS pays like 2 percent of all claims submitted.

I know of an instructor for the NRA who sent a 1500-2000 dollar scope to a FBI instructor/agent. It was "lost" by USPS. They failed to pay despite insurance coverage also. They went up the chain to someone in Washington DC and still didnt get anything done.

I remember them telling us this during an instructor class and I remember thinking ..damn, if they can't get it done ..who could? They discovered that USPS pays like 2 percent of all claims submitted.

There's simply no way that they're not at fault 98% of the time. That is straight up organized crime!:(

This just sucks. Saw it when it was first put on eBay and posted it in the saw it on eBay/ Craigslist thread.

Well if all else fails lets just buy it! I will donate $20.00 to the cause. Lets get someone, one person to bid on this and get it back to its rightful owner!

This just sucks. Saw it when it was first put on eBay and posted it in the saw it on eBay/ Craigslist thread.

Well if all else fails lets just buy it! I will donate $20.00 to the cause. Lets get someone, one person to bid on this and get it back to its rightful owner!

The rightful owner(s) would be the person(s) (such as thomas1) who replaced the saw originally out of their own pocket.

The rightful owner(s) would be the person(s) (such as thomas1) who replaced the saw originally out of their own pocket.

Damn right! Lets return the favor and get it back!

I got $20.00 on it!

Heck the more people we get, the less it will cost. Say it goes for $300. Thirty guys saying they will help, it only cost each of the 30 guys a $10 donation to get the saw back.

Last edited:
usps seems to be the only company I have had issues with. DHL have been good but they are so bloody expensive and have stupid COD charges. to the point where they will hold my package in the next city away from me (which is an hour and a half drive) until I drive there and pay the COD charges (that kind of sounds like an issue). there is never a true delivery for me with DHL. I think my best experiences have been with fedex and ups. I can always expect it to show up but it costs me a little more and I have to drive an hour and a half just to send it. even with usps I seem to always come out on top even though there have been some frustrating instances. as soon as I notify Canada post they usually eat them alive for me and I always end up with my money back. I have shipped a lot of stuff through the government mailing system just because of costs. it seems when I ship from Canada and the package arrives in the us, goes missing somehow, I get covered by Canada post. if something gets shipped to me it goes missing before it crosses the boarder if it goes missing. I contact Canada post and somehow I get my money back. it's weird because a lot of times I don't even have insurance on the package but it still works out. sounds to me like usps are just a bunch of crooks.

Here is my tale of Ebay chainsaw woe. I bid and won on a Lightning S. seller requests direct deposit into his bank account. I follow these instructions and let the seller know money is in his account. No acknowledgement. A week later still no acknowledgement. So, after a dozen emails still no reply. Now, the postage time on this saw would have been 10 days tops. As it was a cash transaction, Ebay said there was nothing they could do to help. After another a week of ignored emails I spoke to a solicitor who said this was theft by deception. So I take this to the local cops, give them the details of the transaction, only to be told that because the seller lives in a different state that there is nothing they can do. It was not until the solicitor pointed out to the cops that the money was deposit at a bank branch in my state, that the local cops put enough pressure on their interstate counterparts to act. Then after 7 weeks, out of the blue, the saw turns up at the post office. No explanations, no reasons and no paperwork. That is the last time I will put any money in anyones account for saws or parts. Even though the seller had 100% positive feedback I wonder how many times he has pulled this sh@t and got away with it!!

I had sent the guy a message as I posted earlier in this thread,, still no response back from him,, i'm surprised he hasn't pulled the auction yet,,, if you guys want to do what lowvolt said,, I would be in for 20 since I am having a good year with grass cutting

No need for that.....

Exactly.

Well Randy is in charge, so don't get ahead of him.
Hopefully he can work something out with the ebaay seller. The right thing for that guy is to remove the listing and let Randy get the saw for his cost. That way if he is legit he doesn't lose money, and this business can be made right between the three men involved.

Good Luck

Tom and I do a lot of trading and swapping.......right now I'm deeeeeep in dept to him. :laugh:

I traded my MS460 build off winner for a saw to replace this one. Tom also sent me a 394......between the two I made Preston a saw that was pretty nice.

The seller has no plans to do anything aside from sell the saw for whatever it brings I'm pretty sure. If I wanted the saw bad enough I'd just buy it back......it's more about the principle of the whole thing.....

I appreciate what you guys are thinking about here, but it ain't necessary.

Back