In need of a new saw due to unfortunate circumstances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Seems over the weekend some worthless pieces of garbage broke into my barn and stole both of my husky chainsaws 435 and 455 series. I have had them about two yrs and were great saws. Now I need to get a new one and not sure whats out there as far as new models go.. so looking for suggetions on new saw purchase looking to spend around 5 or 6 hundred dollar price range on a big saw 20 inch bar is fine..will worry about a smaller saw later on..thanks for any suggestions..

Hate to here about someone getting stung by a thieving scumbag. If you have homeowners insurance I would try calling my agent, though your deductible may be more than the value of the saws. I would suggest taking a look at the model 353 or the 346xp, 20" bar may be a little long but they can handle a 18" with ease. If you are interested in a used saw I would look at a 365xp, 372xp or a Stihl 044/MS440. The Dolmar 6400 is a great saw, I even own one, but parts availability is a issue around my parts. One good thing about the 6400 is how easy it is to convert to a 7900, or even a "8400" with a big bore kit.

Back