Installing outdoor boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to instal my CB350 at my new place. This instal is going to be in my heat pump. One question I have for the people that have the exchangers in their heat pump is. Have you ever noticed output issues once you instal the exchanger when you are running the AC side of the heat pump? It just looks like it would limit the blower output once you switch to cooling?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for sure what style of heat pump you have but the ones I have are A coil type setting on top of propane furnace's. I have three in my house and one the boiler coils is below the A coil and the other two the boiler coil sets above the A coil. I have had no issues with air flow when I switch over to AC in the summer. I have been running these this way since 2009.

I don't have AC but i do have a heat exchanger in my plenum and I did notice a reduced amount of airflow out or the vents. I am used to it now. I think the blower runs longer to maintain the house than it did with just the furnace.

Ok thanks for the info. I was just thinking it may restrict it some but I guess I won't really know until I instal it and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laff113 If you do end up with a air flow problem you could change the tap on the air handler motor and speed the fan up or they make conversion ECM motors now for air handlers that are quieter and sense air pressure and speed up on there own to kept the needed air flow. Of the three I have two are ECM motors and one is a normal split cap motor. I do run that one on the high tap for heat as it is pushing air from the basement to the third floor.

I had this issue with a small heat exchanger setup. Originally I had a 12x20 that fit nicely into my ductwork but had to switch to the cheap blue air filters to push much air across. Couple years ago I had a HVAC friend pull that exchanger out and switched to a 20x22 that sat right below my A coil. Air flows way better now and much hotter when running in heat mode. AC is now colder and blows harder with no increase in electric bill.

Latest posts

Back