Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had trouble with this guy returning saws I build saws he said he wanted to try something different with a dolmar 7900 it's been 3 years he want answer the phone won't return calls just ghosted me I've even posted on his channel
OP, to help get the word out on this alleged grifter Ironhore, please post your comment on the other forums too. There are at least six other chainsaw, outdoor power equipment, arborist, and tree related forums on the internet.

OP, to help get the word out on this alleged grifter Ironhore, please post your comment on the other forums too. There are at least six other chainsaw, outdoor power equipment, arborist, and tree related forums on the internet.
Well before going blasting all over the place it might be wise to see if the person is active anywhere. There was mention of a youtube channel Is the person active there? Is he/he active on another site. There is no excuse in 3 years UNLESS something major has occurred. All the OP said was in 3 years he will not return phone calls. Could it be possible he has passed on? Is it possible he has changed phones? Once again he/she should have done something but damm tough from 6 feet deep.

Well before going blasting all over the place it might be wise to see if the person is active anywhere. There was mention of a youtube channel Is the person active there? Is he/he active on another site. There is no excuse in 3 years UNLESS something major has occurred. all the OP said was in 3 years he.she will not return phone calls. Could it be possible he has passed on? Is it possible he has changed phones? Once again he/she should have done something but damm tough from 6 feet deep.
Instead of posting the "is he dead?" thing more than once, and potentially discouraging the OP from wanting to get his story out, you could've just gone to his YT channel and confirmed that he is indeed still alive.

Edit, first link was wrong if any of you are familiar with Mastermind worksaws, MM has also had some troubles a few years ago. This video and the consecutive video which I won’t link deals with it. Harvey had a mastermind saw, took off the top end, replaced it with a Chinese one, sent it back to MM and charged him $600. MM. has been unable to get the top end back.

Instead of posting the "is he dead?" thing more than once, and potentially discouraging the OP from wanting to get his story out, you could've just gone to his YT channel and confirmed that he is indeed still alive.
Well I am not a "tuber" I asked if the man was active. Instead of attempting to come after me for asking a simple question you could have answered.....Yes he is active and I have personally seen him at so and so. I have been around the site over 20 years now and I have seen these situations and they can go in a multitude of directions. It might be best to not start off with a preconceived notion and instead have a bit of an open mind. Is the guy a crook, possibly,,,probably? I do not know and I doubt you do either.

Well I am not a "tuber" I asked if the man was active. Instead of attempting to come after me for asking a simple question you could have answered.....Yes he is active and I have personally seen him at so and so. I have been around the site over 20 years now and I have seen these situations and they can go in a multitude of directions. It might be best to not start off with a preconceived notion and instead have a bit of an open mind. Is the guy a crook, possibly,,,probably? I do not know and I doubt you do either.

You could've just googled the mentioned YT channel yourself and determined he is alive. Posting the same question twice was redundant.

If we're still talking about Ironhorse, the evidence suggests he's a crook...the OP isn't the first to have an issue with him.

If we're still talking about Ironhorse, the evidence suggests he's a crook...the OP isn't the first to have an issue with him.
My gosh at no point have I disputed that he might be. I asked if anyone knows if he is still active or even alive. For gosh sakes the OP said it was 3 years ago. Has it occurred to anyone that in 3 years a man might die. Anyone who thinks they are getting out of this alive is a damm fool. I asked a simple question regarding if he was still active.

3 years??? After 3 weeks of no contact I probably would have got into my pickup and drove wherever I sent my saw. A call/text/email takes literally seconds in the modern world. No excuse to ghost you

I've suffered through a few of his videos. My takeaway is that most of his channel is just "war" stories, when he does talk about something technical, his opinions run contrary to my own. I don't claim to know everything, especially about porting, but he just strikes me as a hack with a dremel.

Send him a registered letter.I think its in poor character to bad mouth people . G,o about it in an adult manner start with a registered letter you do have an address if you sent the saw right!I just went on his latest video he replied to you and stated you did not follow through to contact him just passing on the post on his site you can go look at it its on his last video on his site ?

Send him a registered letter.I think its in poor character to bad mouth people . G,o about it in an adult manner start with a registered letter you do have an address if you sent the saw right!I just went on his latest video he replied to you and stated you did not follow through to contact him just passing on the post on his site you can go look at it its on his last video on his site ?

I think it's in poor character to rip people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back