Is a blue Homelite XL worth fixing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loudest saw ever made, vibrations are terrible
but that said they take a likin,and keep on.......
You must have had a defective one. No it didn't have the fancy rubber-mounted handles, but it was well balanced and quiet. Mac took the prize for the loudest saw around.
Maybe it didn't have the weight to mask the vibration. It was a great climbing saw.
It was a little hot rod, and embarrassed ALL the expensive brands in Camp.
Maybe I just had a good one, but I don't think I'd spend a lot of money on a restoration.

You must have had a defective one. No it didn't have the fancy rubber-mounted handles, but it was well balanced and quiet. Mac took the prize for the loudest saw around.
Maybe it didn't have the weight to mask the vibration. It was a great climbing saw.
It was a little hot rod, and embarrassed ALL the expensive brands in Camp.
Maybe I just had a good one, but I don't think I'd spend a lot of money on a restoration.

The super XL I've got is loud but nothing compared to the ouligen g7800 I have which is ear ringing loud. The XL doesn't vibrate bad.

I had an old Homelite Super XL given to me, one of the blue XL automatics, Is it worth restoring or should I just put a carb kit in it and run it as is. It looks to be a pretty nice saw, but I don't know much about it. Can anyone give me some specs on it.
Thanks
Kevin
I mean I like the chainsaw and it is a great one… I gave it a kick of my own and put homelite xl-12 cover pieces on it just because I can. But hey at least I know it’s a super xl

Latest posts

Back