Is New Husky Chain At Dealers ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Termite

Time To Launch
Reaction score
My logger buddy said he started using Husky chain from the dealer because it is harder and lasts longer than the Oregon chain he was using. Does anyone know if this could be Husky manufactured chain?

Husky is finally starting to use Oregons LPX and LGX Cutter check to see if the part # is like H47X or H48X than Oregon Dealers have had a for some years now..

Scott

With some of the inconsistency I've seen lately it is just as likely you got a good batch of Oregon with a husky badge, after some average batches of Oregon with an Oregon badge.
Oregon aren't on their own with this of course - I just got a new loop of stihl rm with a saw I bought second hand and it looked like it had been ground by a drunk monkey.

I don't know if this Husky branded chain is any different than Oregon but logger buddy sure does like it. This morning he said he cut five semi loads this week without sharpening.

I haven't seen anything but the usual non-blued, non "x-grind" Oregon so far.

I don't know if this Husky branded chain is any different than Oregon but logger buddy sure does like it. This morning he said he cut five semi loads this week without sharpening.
It still is rebranded Oregon, as far as I know. Allegedly the Husky chain factory is scheduled to be operational from 2015 - we will see.....

There are signs that some Oregon chain now is made in Brazil though, which may account for some fluctuation in quality?

Just a thought, maybe the signs that Oregon production is moving to the third world (China and Brazil) is a factor in Huskys decision to establish their own chain factory?

BRIC ( Brazil,Russia,India,China) are far from 3rd world countries, China currently is the most populous car market in the world. They love Buick, Cadillacs, and German car like we like our German saws. Hopefully we can get some long wheelbase vehicles here in the us.

BRIC ( Brazil,Russia,India,China) are far from 3rd world countries, China currently is the most populous car market in the world. They love Buick, Cadillacs, and German car like we like our German saws. Hopefully we can get some long wheelbase vehicles here in the us.

Well - they remain 3rd world countries in my mind - and always will. What you posted has no impact whatsoever on that fact!

Most off China is true third world. Only the major cities have risen above that.

Most off China is true third world. Only the major cities have risen above that.
There are signs that they may be establishing their own chain factory - but so far I believe all Husky chain still is rebranded Oregon?
Husqvarna has purchased several American made presses from Minster Machine. They intend to manufacture their own chain.

It will be interesting when it happens, but I don't see anything groundbreaking coming from it. Chain is chain. We're at the point where if it's any sharper, it's softer. If it's any harder, it's duller. Overall cutter design is what it is. I just care that's it's at least as good as what comes on the saws now. Definitely don't want to have to replace any stock chains on a saw.

It will be interesting when it happens, but I don't see anything groundbreaking coming from it. Chain is chain. We're at the point where if it's any sharper, it's softer. If it's any harder, it's duller. Overall cutter design is what it is. I just care that's it's at least as good as what comes on the saws now. Definitely don't want to have to replace any stock chains on a saw.
That hardly will happen, unless the stronger 50cc saws come with the .325NK stuff. ;)

All my Husqvarna chain boxes be it loop or roll say made in Canada....................at least the box may have been. At least the box may have been printed in Canada out of materials made in 10 other nations.

It doesn't matter where it is made it is the end product and quality that are important.

Latest posts

Back