Is there a Husqvarna "pro" saw smaller than a 550XP or 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckeand13

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score

Just wondering if there's a small, light, saw that can make a good short bar limbing saw. Nothing against a 545 or 550xp, just wondering if there's another step down, perhaps in an older model. Just not into the homeowner line.

Just wondering if there's a small, light, saw that can make a good short bar limbing saw. Nothing against a 545 or 550xp, just wondering if there's another step down, perhaps in an older model. Just not into the homeowner line.
what about the 536 lixp (battery electric)
The top handle models, the 339, in addition to mentioned above.

I am not sure if every one's definition of limbing saw is the same. Does it mean the trunk is a marketable log?

The 346xp old edition

As said the 543XP for new or the 242 for old. Those are the rear handle models. The n there are the top handles, 335XPT, 338XPT, T435 and the T540XP.

Joe

Wowsers, lots of good info.

I would agree that, based on looks alone, the 543XP doesn't really blend with the rest of the line.

What happened there? Different designer? New guy?

Not a Husky but bulletproof
52271444a41be14da2749e08e4eb1a75.jpg

The 543XP is a RedMax design (RedMax version not available in US) that has been "Swedishized." It is a light, good running, and VERY easy to start saw with good power after it is broken in (usually takes at least 10 tanks).

Joe

543 is actually an orange shindaiwa chainsaw.

The only thing it has in common with shindaiwa is the fact that they are both made in Japan. Echo/shindaiwa don't have a strato charged engine. As saw troll said the 543 is made by zenoah who is owned by husqvarna, they are also sold as the gz4300 outside the usa.

I just looked at the ipl. I wander how it runs?

Back