Is this a good deal???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 009 and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight rear handle limbing saw. The brrp is fast and starts easy. The one I own just got a carb rebuild and now its like it was brand new again.

Word of warning it has a reed valve that just makes it sound funny till its full throttle in a piece of wood then it make a funny little noise as it open and then really "gets down" on a piece of wood. I tell you this because lots of guys try to adjust it out but revving it up,don't do that.

been watching this on ebay tempted to buy but i do not know what the value is on one of these older stihl rear handles does anyone own one? are they powerful? is this a good price?? here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120590781941&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you all in advance and happy 4th!!!

The 011's were last made in 1990 according to my chart. If the chart is right that saw is 20 yrs old making it worth maybe at most 75.00. The last 009's sold for 249.95 brand new in the box. The 009 was the last one of the 1120 series made. It too has been out of the line up since 2006. The 009 was the best one of the series with the 010 and 012 being the worst followed by the 011.

Latest posts

Back