Is This A Good Saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott is a good seller. Say what you what you want about him when he was a member here, but he stands behind his product. The used saws that he has are well gone through, and I would grab one from him if I needed it. I have sent him money and received a product in return, therefore in my mind, that makes him a better seller than some.

Jason

I have to agree. I don't think he's actually dishonest.

Ian

The reason I'm looking at 660's is I have 2 acres of 70-80yr old red oak to fall and buck for firewood.
Most are larger than 35-40 DBH.
I would probably want to sell the saw after the big wood is down and bucked.

Well, I think he must be lurking here because it seems my bid disappeared.
I think I may be persona non grata on this one.
I think I'd rather have a better saw cosmetically for resale anyway.
Thanks for all of your comments

I believe those are the new 441 style studs that have the larger shoulder on them. they have a tip on them like that. I think they come on all the Pro saws now, so that's probably what he installed.

The new pro models at our shop don't have bar studs that long...they have the larger shoulder on them but they're the same length as the originals...

The new pro models at our shop don't have bar studs that long...they have the larger shoulder on them but they're the same length as the originals...

I think the threaded length is the same, but add the unthread part (nipple)
and thats how much longer the new studs are.......I really like the new studs,
IMO bars over 24 inchs is where that new shoulder comes in very nice. The nipples
make it harder to damage the end of the threads on the studs. The 361 I just bought
came with the new studs, clutch cover comes pre drilled for the outside spike on 361
now also.

Last edited:
I think the threaded length is the same, but add the unthread part (nipple)
and thats how much longer the new studs are.......I really like the new studs,
IMO bars over 24 inchs is where that new shoulder comes in very nice. The nipples
make it harder to damage the end of the threads on the studs. The 361 I just bought
came with the new studs, clutch cover comes pre drilled for the outside spike on 361
now also.

Ok, that makes sense. We haven't ordered a new 660 for almost two years so I haven't seen these nipples yet. We go through a few 460s but I think we're nursing off a backlog of units at Stihl Northwest.

I have had no problems dealing with Wojo myself. Got some good deals from him on GB bars. Free shipping and all the freebies are nice. Ti bar to boot.

As for having the chain on bass ackwards, I wonder how many here have never done that??? :monkey:

Well, I think he must be lurking here because it seems my bid disappeared.
I think I may be persona non grata on this one.
I think I'd rather have a better saw cosmetically for resale anyway.
Thanks for all of your comments

He must have gotten his feelings hurt. If you pat him on the head and speak in a soft comforting tone, he may reinstate your bid. ROFL.

A lot of those guys that scorn AS publicly after they've been banned still read here either as a guest or with an alter-ego because the little specialized forums they've adopted have no traffic and are boring. They probably started a thread about this thread over there to liven the place up a little.

Ian

well im sorry if any feelings was hurt

He must have gotten his feelings hurt. If you pat him on the head and speak in a soft comforting tone, he may reinstate your bid. ROFL.

A lot of those guys that scorn AS publicly after they've been banned still read here either as a guest or with an alter-ego because the little specialized forums they've adopted have no traffic and are boring. They probably started a thread about this thread over there to liven the place up a little.

Ian
you will find another saw their is many to be had sorry

As for having the chain on bass ackwards, I wonder how many here have never done that??? :monkey:
Me, for one. I've done at least my fair share of we toddedness, just not that particular form thereof...

Crap, there goes my karma.

:monkey: chain's on backwards

he has chain on backwards , and he knows it has 160 pounds compression ye right look at picture with bar pointed to you enuff said be careful

Cut and pasted from the listing....

Hmmmmmmmmmm
I guess it's pretty obvious he didn't cut with it that way

Doesn't bode well for the buyer

I see ole Scott lying on the ground and stones being hurled toward him as he lies on the ground, defenseless, as he can no longer post. I will continue my march toward AS Sainthood (A$$ for short) by resisting the temptation to join in the fun.

I would like to remind everyone that a well respected AS poster, in fact he has over 20,000 posts, once put a chain on backwards. As I recall, it was an early Christmas present from Witchy. 'Twas the Queen of Saws, a saw that was to be, and is still rumored to be, discontinued. Yes folks, the Pride of Sweden, the World Champion Lumberjack saw, shamed by having its chain laid upon it's short, but mighty bar in a backwards way.

Scott, I say ole chap, I see no one left with a stone in hand.

Go in peace,

Joat

Latest posts

Back