Is this normal for an Oregon Powermatch Bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad_archer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got this bar in the mail and was wondering if it was normal to have a gap at the end of the bar mounting cut out? This is a 28" husky large mount. I have a 20" and 24" power match bar that do not have that gap so this seems a little strange.

626656f7cd95de0d1414275867db0850.jpg

No, not good. Where did you get it?

Why is it not good?

The folks at Oregon must seem to differ with your opinion. The bars with completely open slots must not be any good at all then?

Seriously, I have several of those bars with tails just like that including a 32" that I have used quite a bit.

I wasn't aware that is why I was asking. The 20 and 24" power match I have do not have that gap the 28" does. I didnt know if that is normal and that is why I was asking. Sounds like it might be normal. That is what I get for taking the the first response and running with it.

There were issues with some bars cracking, specially the light bars , so as a result they put the gap in there to keep that from happening......or so I was told.

One obvious issue is that do not picture it that way in their advertising material. http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/products/bars/powermatch_plus.htm

If you notice the bars that have an open end to start with, at least the ones I have the slot needs to be lengthened to mount on something other than designed for. Example Stihl 3005 to oregon 041 or 095.

Stress is force applied, strain is the deflection created. Seems to me there is going to be more minute movement at the pad on the powerhead and clutch cover. A good connection like in the oregon picture is going to help a lot in twisting it would seem.

I might have one like that something looked a bit strange there. Are the solid nose solid(not laminated) bars going to be that way soon?

Latest posts

Back