It's gonna be ugly around here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike PA

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Snow and ice in the forecast for the next few days. The snow isn't much, but maybe up to 0.5" of ice in PA. Might be a fun slide to work and home for the next two days.

I am with ya

IM DOWN here greene county where they pump in sunshine last year i had no light electric or phone for 3 weeks on last big storm

I'm guessing the power will be out plenty of places if we get that much ice. My area didn't get hit with that much snow last year, so we were fine for power. I can live w/out it for a while, but my girls won't be happy!

They are saying at least a foot here. As the description says "we are not posting a snowfall map but expect at least a foot".

Never seen them not list expected totals before. Guessing they have no idea other that we are going to get hit hard. Oh well. All my wood is in the basement and we will be warm and together:snowman:

Going to grab some fuel for the snowblower and plow truck. Fill up the bathtub with clean water just in case the power goes out. I already checked the pantry and we have plenty of food. We have propane for the gas grill and camp stove so we can cook. We have flashlights in every room already.
Food can be stuffed in a snowbank if needed.

Should be good, just another storm here in New England.

Snow and ice in the forecast for the next few days. The snow isn't much, but maybe up to 0.5" of ice in PA. Might be a fun slide to work and home for the next two days.

Don't slide off the road and get stuck. We got hit last Wednesday evening with 8-10 inches of very very wet snow. The state didn't treat the roads beforehand or during, they did ride around with the blades up though while it was pouring down, sorry bas-tards. Come rush hour it was a nitemare. Traffic was backed up as far as you could see. Took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to go 11 miles. By 6pm the roads were packed to ice and in our little county 415 cars were left by the drivers. The tow companines ate it up, around town they were towing cars at $200.00 a car. In DC they were charging $250.00 car. Some tow companies around DC were charging $310.00 a car. They made a killing that night for sure. How the SOB's can sleep is beyond me..

Last edited:
Got some friends around the Altoona area in Yanky-vania, sorry I mean Pennsylvania. One drives all the way into Maryland, on a daily basis, to get to work and one of the others drives back and forth to Northern VA on a weekly basis for work. Bet there is some "time off" in their near future.

supposedly there is a big storm coming out here but every time they have said that before it wasnt all that bad, kinda disapointed

Well, it worked...

I'm blaming this year's hard winter on the strato saws thats being sold by force now... Reversing the global warming!!! :laugh:
This morning In Lexington they had a few wrecks from freezing rain in spots..Suppose to be in the 40's today, but no way it is gonna get there.Felt alot warmer at 7am when I got off work than now...
This year been one of the worst winters here in along time,kinda remind me of the winters of the 1970's. Not too many days the temp been above freezin the last few months...
Two years ago in Feb. we had a icestorm that took out our electric for over a week, and still my woods look like a bomb went tru it....Got enough large limbs I'm still cutting on...
I can handle the snow,,but the ice,,it just makes a heck of a mess with everything...
I guess the moral of this story is next time you start your strato saw,,think of the poor folks up north with snow up to their butt.... LOL!!!

Supposed to be very nasty here too. I cant wait. Putting phone cable back up in the ice and snow are my most favorite thing in the whole world to do.

I'm sure we'll have a bit of clean-up to do. Good time to collect firewood.

Back