It's here and What the...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on the 372xp. Brought it home yesterday. After looking it all over, it seems well built. Anxious to get out there on the wood pile and see what she'll do, but I reckon it will be Sun. morning before I have the time. Between work, scheduled places to be, and EVERYONE but me in my home fighting the flu (3 kids under age 4 and the wife ALL SICK!!!!:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: ) it will just have to wait.

Strange thing about the whole deal, though. I ordered a 24" GB Ti bar from Bailey's. FedEx said it shipped Friday and would be here today... until yesterday when it showed that it got scanned in HONOLULU:jawdrop: . WTF??? As of this evening it is BACK in Sacremento, CA. UPS would NOT have done this. I guess you get what you pay for, including shipping.
So, instead of ripping into the pile with the 24" Ti bar and some Stihl chain, I have the 20" factory bar and some Oregon. Not LGX, either.

Through all this, let me say that both #### Coulter New Holland/AGCO in North Branch, MI and Lynch's Power Sports in Port Huron, MI have been very helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with my constant questions. Also, way to go Husky on 12mo. same as cash!!!!

Guess I need to update my sig, now....

Congrats on the new saw, The 372xp is a nice handling good cutting saw.:clap: :greenchainsaw:

I pulled the trigger on the 372xp. Brought it home yesterday. After looking it all over, it seems well built. Anxious to get out there on the wood pile and see what she'll do, but I reckon it will be Sun. morning before I have the time. Between work, scheduled places to be, and EVERYONE but me in my home fighting the flu (3 kids under age 4 and the wife ALL SICK!!!!:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: ) it will just have to wait.

Strange thing about the whole deal, though. I ordered a 24" GB Ti bar from Bailey's. FedEx said it shipped Friday and would be here today... until yesterday when it showed that it got scanned in HONOLULU:jawdrop: . WTF??? As of this evening it is BACK in Sacremento, CA. UPS would NOT have done this. I guess you get what you pay for, including shipping.
So, instead of ripping into the pile with the 24" Ti bar and some Stihl chain, I have the 20" factory bar and some Oregon. Not LGX, either.

Through all this, let me say that both #### Coulter New Holland/AGCO in North Branch, MI and Lynch's Power Sports in Port Huron, MI have been very helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with my constant questions. Also, way to go Husky on 12mo. same as cash!!!!

Guess I need to update my sig, now....

Congrats on the saw.

Oh, with the winter you're havin', who can blame the bar.

Mystery solved,

joat

Good saw! Did you buy it after lurking and reading here for awhile, or did you have previous experience?

UPS plays rough

In my experience, if UPS had it, it would arrive a week late and be bent into the shape of a U. Shipping problems are no fun, hope it arrives soon!

Congrats on the saw, that's a nice one.
Dok

Yeah, they cracked the handle on an 044 I got just yesterday! :cry: Musta dropped the thing on its end from up high.......I don't understand it....:dizzy:

Nope no past experience with big Husky's. Everyone around here runs Stihl. After reading up on saws here I settled on the 372. I knew I'd get another Husky. My 141 has been very good to me for what it is. I take care of it, but it has worked hard out at the wood pile. It doesn't owe me anything. I hope this new one will do everything I need it to, mainly save me time.

Snow's over with, finally, now the mud season is here. Seems like we don't have a spring. You just notice on a Tuesday in May that everything is green that wasn't the day before, that's it.

CPR

BTW Have fevers eliminated from all but my eldest daughter...:cheers: Sawdust:30 is getting closer!

Bummer on the dropped saw. That's enough to wreck your whole day... Why can't people just be more careful.

Good luck with the new saw - Hey, I've had more packages beat to death by ups than any other shipper - I think it's a contest with the idiots that load the trucks at night, see how much they can trash. Jackass's - :mad:

Since it hit Honolulu, maybe it shipped from Australia, where they are made?????

The 372xp sure is a nice saw - probably the best one ever made - everything is right on that saw........

Last edited:
Wish that was so, but it left Sacremento, went to Honolulu, then came back... maybe mine will be brown instead of orange... kinda like the difference between a real tan and tan-in-a-can:hmm3grin2orange:

CPR

I noticed you bought your saw with 12 months same as cash,was that Husqvarna revolving credit line by any chance?I have a Husky credit line,but I havent been able to find anybody online that accepts it.Anyhow,I agree with everybody else,nice choice on the 372.

Yeah, it's the revolving credit card. They definately give you incentive to pay up because the interest rate borders on extortion. I haven't tried to use it online. The guy at the counter where I bought the saw wasn't entirely sure how to ring it up at first, he'd never seen one before. No troubles with it though, so far. Haven't seen my first statement yet.

yeah,I noticed that interest rate myself.24.99% is just a wee bit high.My plan is to buy no more than I can pay back in 1 month,but when it comes to saws,one can go a bit crazy.Maybe I should break out the scissors

Exactly. In fact, I had to exercise some serious patience to not buy the saw in in March under the 90days same as cash terms. It would have been pushing things to pay it off by then. To top that, my wife had to teach on April 1. Made work on the 2nd a vvveeerrryyy long day waiting to go get it.

I couldnt help but notice your 3 saw plan,not bad ,but I believe Id leave out the 575.That 372 is the better saw.Im more fond of Stihl,but if I were a Husky guy needing 3 saws,I believe Id go with a 346,357,and 372.Ive owned a 357 and its a sweet little saw,high speed and light weight.

The 3 saw plan is kind of tongue-in-cheek. For what I'm doing, anything bigger than a 372 is just extra weight, anything smaller just means time wasted when I have to set it down to grab the bigger one.

Chances are very good that I will get one more 372. As for the 575, I am leery of the setup, but the gearhead in me also sees it as kind of a challenge that needs some exploration.

I will say that the 346xp is VERY tempting, however.

Latest posts

Back