I've almost settled on a 575xp....but

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one? I been thinking a lot....

• 575xp

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • MS441

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • MS460 (this is a big if)

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
I got it straightened out now!!!!! I figured out a way to get the 460 and not have any problems. Its only 50 more bucks than the 575 anyway, so im sure its the way to go for such a small price difference. Maybe i can get it tomorrow evening.

If I were buying a new saw I would spend it on a traditional ported saw.

waitin for about thursday...lol. It just worries me about the bad stuff i read, the reviews on the 575 on baileys site were all 4 bad. But hey, its no doubt everyone can't be pleased. I only run maybe 3 tanks a weekend anyway, so, if its gonna be junk, i'm sure it will show itself before the 2 year warranty runs out. I'll run the snot out of it for a while. If i don't like it, there's always ebay.....lol.

This ought to make you feel better. A large wood cutting operation uses 575's around here and they really like those 575's. They buy up to 100 saws every year and last year they bought 575's. They like them better than the 441 and are sticking to Husky this year. It's one of the reasons a 576 is going to be my next saw.
Dok

I got it straightened out now!!!!! I figured out a way to get the 460 and not have any problems. Its only 50 more bucks than the 575 anyway, so im sure its the way to go for such a small price difference. Maybe i can get it tomorrow evening.

Don't suppose I can talk you into a used 575, a strong runner, for under $400?

Sorry man, but i'm 99.9 on the stihl now. In fact, it may come home tonight. Im too worried about trying something new, i gotta have a warrantee to be comfortable, otherwise i would be on your 575.

Sorry man, but i'm 99.9 on the stihl now. In fact, it may come home tonight. Im too worried about trying something new, i gotta have a warrantee to be comfortable, otherwise i would be on your 575.

I'd prefer the 460 over the 575 anyhow......

as far as warranties go, most saws run reliably out of the box...rarely an issue. I picked up the 575 from a guy who needed money.....I don't use it...far preferring my 7900's or ported 372's.....also got a 460 from him that I'm prolly gonna get woods ported.

How much should i be able to get the dual port cover for? And the double felling dawgs? Should i try to bargain them in?

Yep the 460 is not strato charged, and parts are easy to come by. I would also get a 3/4 wrap handle too. I am sure you will report in when you get it.

I am reporting in!!!! Just got it. I was like a little kid on the way home, i almost pulled over and just started cutting before i got here! I didn't get to do much, but i ripped up some good sized maple rounds, and made some noodles, and wasted some wood, but it was fun. I took pictures, i'll start a new thread for all that. I got the 460 by the way.

Congrats on the new 460

I am reporting in!!!! Just got it. I was like a little kid on the way home, i almost pulled over and just started cutting before i got here! I didn't get to do much, but i ripped up some good sized maple rounds, and made some noodles, and wasted some wood, but it was fun. I took pictures, i'll start a new thread for all that. I got the 460 by the way.

them there is nice saws!

Good choice!!:clap:

Back