I've almost settled on a 575xp....but

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one? I been thinking a lot....

• 575xp

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • MS441

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • MS460 (this is a big if)

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
From what I remember about the 575 it was real close in weight. I know around here if someone is upset about a saw being a pound too heavy I tell them if they lay off the cheese burgers they could drop about 25 pounds and then that one extra pound on the saw does not look to bad. I am looking forward to a lighter saw as my sp125 is getting a little heavy to limb with but that is the trade off for the power it puts out.

From what I remember about the 575 it was real close in weight. I know around here if someone is upset about a saw being a pound too heavy I tell them if they lay off the cheese burgers they could drop about 25 pounds and then that one extra pound on the saw does not look to bad. I am looking forward to a lighter saw as my sp125 is getting a little heavy to limb with but that is the trade off for the power it puts out.

i agree..i could care less about weight..but it matters to some

I did have a 8 pin sprocket on my 575, by Friday I will let you know what I think about the ms441. One thing to think about is which dealer would you like to support. If you have a dealer who will treat you right regardless if they sale Husqvarna or Stihl go with them. If you are lucky the dealer can deal with both brands.

well, thing is, the husky dealer is also a hardware store. They are good about getting parts, and easy to deal with. Seem to know their stuff. Also, i have an account there. It is paid off now, but, i was going to put the remainder of the balance of the new saw on the account. That way i wouldn't have to dip into tax money. So, if i get the stihl, i'll have to fork it all out at once. I don't have an account there. So i think that puts me one up on the husky. They have 3 in stock, and they say they have sold a few, so surely it will be newer than an o7 model they have in stock, so i don't get one with the bearing problems.

I would for sure go for the 460 as it will be no longer available in the near future. Parts are readdily available for this saw also and it is way easer to work on and modify. My second choice would be the 576xp.

the 575 has a decompression button on the top. I use my 575 with a 20" bar cutting hard amd soft woods all day. today i cut a 32" oak :jawdrop: cut through it no problem it sure does rip thou the wood easy. its abit bulkyer but not much. i had to put the winter kit on it. i use it from -20C weather and it runs fine. ive never used a 570 before so i cant really compare to it.

waitin for about thursday...lol. It just worries me about the bad stuff i read, the reviews on the 575 on baileys site were all 4 bad. But hey, its no doubt everyone can't be pleased. I only run maybe 3 tanks a weekend anyway, so, if its gonna be junk, i'm sure it will show itself before the 2 year warranty runs out. I'll run the snot out of it for a while. If i don't like it, there's always ebay.....lol.

waitin for about thursday...lol. It just worries me about the bad stuff i read, the reviews on the 575 on baileys site were all 4 bad. But hey, its no doubt everyone can't be pleased. I only run maybe 3 tanks a weekend anyway, so, if its gonna be junk, i'm sure it will show itself before the 2 year warranty runs out. I'll run the snot out of it for a while. If i don't like it, there's always ebay.....lol.

whatever you get let us know what you think

i talked to my dealer about this.

A 372 isn't an option either, cause they are sold out. But i ran a 371, and wasn't particularly thrilled. Hence my search into the 5## saws.

his rep told him it was going to be available all year.it's in the hard copy of the 2009 catalog.

dealers here have them.i know one that has over 100 of them.

A 372 isn't an option either, cause they are sold out. But i ran a 371, and wasn't particularly thrilled. Hence my search into the 5## saws.

matt,

My dealer up here still has two left in stock. He got stuck with three by a customer who ordered and backed out, and a customer base(Farmers buying for crews) that favors the refurbed 455's by the case.

If ya decide on a 372 and need a bird dog, I could snag one and sit on it for ya.

Just holler.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I haven't ran any of the saws mention, but in my opinion I think the 7900 would give the saws mention a run for the money.
Mine 7900 has mild modds and isn't to far from my stock 066. Again my opinion.

Out of the saws mention and under the terms you mention. I think I would go with the Huskie 575.

I like all three saws, if t was my money I would plunk it down on the 460.That being said the 441 and 575 are very close, smooth,lots of torque but heavy.

Well, i kinda want something different than a 372. Lots of folks say get a 372 instead of a 575, but i've noticed that most of the folks that say that haven't ran one much. And i'm using that to help me decide.

Back