John Deere chain saw good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stopped in to my local John deere dealer because, well, just because i like to look at the tractors. I have a deere GT225 and love it. Anyway, I saw a sign on the window " All John Deere hand held power equipment on sale!" So I went in and saw they had a CS56 professional chain saw for about $100 off, or so it seemed (less than $400.00). I looked one over and the way the saw was built and the features impressed me. It's a bit heavier than I wanted, but it's hard to pass up a good deal, if it indeed is one.

It's made in Italy, and I've seen a lot of pretty good write ups on the web about it, and a few not so good too.

What do you think?

So what's the out-the-door price? I'd probably consider it for $300-350, but for anything more than that I'd pass on the "orphan chainsaw" thing. Who knows how long JD will provide parts/service, and heavens knows where else to find parts for EMAK(etc.) saws around here...

So what's the out-the-door price? I'd probably consider it for $300-350, but for anything more than that I'd pass on the "orphan chainsaw" thing. Who knows how long JD will provide parts/service, and heavens knows where else to find parts for EMAK(etc.) saws around here...

Sale ticket price of $390.00

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back