"Join the narrow kerf revolution"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can, however, get that style bar in 3/8" .063 gauge. The 3003 000 9630 is still listed in the bar and chain guide, but it's not a good number from Stihl NW

Should have quoted big t double in my post. That was what I was referring to. BTW, yes I can get the hard nose bars.

Sent from TapaTalk on my Iphone

I meant wide nose, not hard nose....see about a 3003 000 9630. its a wide nose 24 or 25"

so maybe stihl really is discontinuing wide nose bars...thanks for checkin, I was curious

I gust got a narrow kerf woodland pro bar and chain delivered in a cardboard box. I had experimented with oregon 95vp new, stihl chisel .050 driver .325 made to order sorry they never put the identifying letters on the box, and a resharpened numerous times .325 skip.
That time the stihl one just worked so much better but was certainly more dangerous getting into the wood. I do wonder if one has to re gear (go up one tooth on the sprocket) with the narrow kerf to get the advertised advantages.

Picco in .050 is closer to .325 narrow kerf than might initially seem. The width of the chain across the tie straps are the same. Dolmar and Husqvarna branded 3/8 low profile bars are thinner by at about 10 thousands than the stihl bar I measured. edit, now only the stihl bar seems thicker (8 or so thousands but it is used the others surely have full thickness paint) the woodland pro nk one might be the thinnest of them all. Similar for The carlton n1c chain vs stihl ps3 or .325 nk that would be about 10 thousands or five per rail additional contact potential.

I did my best to match the tops of the bars the chains are in in the photos.

Attachments

• PC130717.JPG
    PC130717.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 20
  • PC130718.JPG
    PC130718.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
..... I gust got a narrow kerf woodland pro bar and chain delivered in a cardboard box. I had experimented with oregon 95vp new, stihl chisel .050 driver .325 made to order sorry they never put the identifying letters on the box, ......

That would be 23RS/RSC. ;)

Latest posts

Back