Jonsered 2051

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys thanks again. Troll......Do you recommend Premium in the Stihl also?
I'm so amazied with the amount of knowledge on this site. I am a couple of sites and all they do is argue over which best. This sight actually answers questions. I'm in awe:jawdrop:

I actually only use Aspen Alkylate fuel - otherwise it would have been all premium.

Hey guys thanks again. Troll......Do you recommend Premium in the Stihl also?
I'm so amazied with the amount of knowledge on this site. I am a couple of sites and all they do is argue over which best. This sight actually answers questions. I'm in awe:jawdrop:

Use any gas with an octane rating above 90, and a good quality 2 stroke oil. Synthetic is not necessary if you buy good oil. I would stick to saw manufacturer's oil (Husky, Stihl, Shindaiwa, JRed) and not buy the cheap stuff at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and never put bar oil in the gas. :cheers:

Gas

You guys are going to sick of me quick. So what is Aspen Alkylate fuel, or AV gas I've seen on these post? And where do I get this gas. Anyone from Minnesota here? Do they have such a thing in here? Man I didn't realize how little I know. My poor 021 has been abuse I need a :buttkick:

You guys are going to sick of me quick. So what is Aspen Alkylate fuel, or AV gas I've seen on these post? And where do I get this gas. Anyone from Minnesota here? Do they have such a thing in here? Man I didn't realize how little I know. My poor 021 has been abuse I need a :buttkick:

As far as I know, you can't get Akylate fuel in the US yet. It might be on the way, maybe someone knows more than me. AV gas is aviation gas I think. You don't need either one of these fuels for your saw to run good. A good high octane, low ethanol content gas is good. Avoiding ethanol might be hard, but up to 10% should be okay.

Use any gas with an octane rating above 90, and a good quality 2 stroke oil. Synthetic is not necessary if you buy good oil. I would stick to saw manufacturer's oil (Husky, Stihl, Shindaiwa, JRed) and not buy the cheap stuff at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and never put bar oil in the gas. :cheers:

I got a Husqvarna 51 once that looked like brand new, but was low on compression. I took the gas cap off and drained what was left of the straight gas out, which I expected. Then I drained the bar oil tank and guess what came out, high quality 2-stoke oil !!! I guess they thought "Air Injection" was the same as oil injection.

Latest posts

Back