Jonsered 2095

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Gold

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought one used, in excellent condition a couple of months ago. Had excellent luck with it so far. What power! Love to hear any thoughts/opinions/experiences from other 2095 users/owner's, etc. Anybody know if a full wrap handlebar was made for this model? Anyone know where I can find/buy a full wrap handlebar for this 2095?

Last edited:
jonsered

havent run that modle but have many j reds there a dam good saw! but not to fond of there older small oes:greenchainsaw:

It's the same saw as a Husky 395, but in Jonsered bodywork. It's been discontinued by Jonsered, so I guess they didn't sell well enough to keep producing, or else Electrolux decided they'd rather sell them in Husky badging only.

Actually the 2095 isn't the same as the 395; displacement is the same though. Here in the states they've run out of 2095's for the sawmill; you can get one with a 2186, but I think they are advising the 4-stroke Honda engine model or even the electric bandsaw version over the chainsaw style. I've done a little chainsaw milling, and it gets old after a while...plus I think it is awful hard on a saw.

Jonsered got the remnants of the Parter chain saw line when Elux decided to reduce the number of brands competing for market share. There was also a 70/77/83cc chassis built similarly, sold as 2077 and 2083 in Jonsered, and as 415??/475/505 in Poulan Pro. I think they might still sell Partner commercial abrasive saws based on these two chassis, but no chain saws.

I liked the 2094/5 better than the Husky 395; but I have a 395 right now because I got a whole lot better deal on it over a Jonsered 2095. I needed a big saw when my wife donated the 2083 I "hardly ever used" to a church fundraiser!

My main preference for Jonsered is mostly styling and just a little bit on ergonomics...I can't say that the 2095 I demoed had any more or less power than the 395. Real truth is I don't really need a saw that big anyway...I could get by with a 24" bar on a smaller saw for those "now and then" times...but it is awful nice to power through, not have to finesse...

Really like my 2095s. I prefer the way they feel to the 395. Fits my hands great. Good power.:clap: Great "firewood" saw. I run a 20 inch 3/8 full chisel set up, smooth and fast.
I bought both of mine used and had to work on the pistons and cylinders. Make sure to check the all screws for tightness and keep the decomp. valve clean. Both my saws had scoring from over heating which was caused by fuel restriction in one and air leak in the other. I checked a manual for mix specs. it said 50:1 with Jonsered oil and 25:1 with other brands. I have been running 40:1 in most my saws and just re-tune to that mix. No problems so far.
I hope you get years of use and enjoyment out of yours.:greenchainsaw:

eyolf said:
Actually the 2095 isn't the same as the 395; displacement is the same though. Here in the states they've run out of 2095's for the sawmill; ...
As far as I know, the 2095 is optimiced for milling, and has its max power at lower rpm (8200) than the 394, 2094 and 395.

eyolf said:
...There was also a 70/77/83cc chassis built similarly, sold as 2077 and 2083 in Jonsered, and as 415??/475/505 in Poulan Pro. ...
That is true, the original design was the P7700, but I don't think the P7700 series/family of saws had anything to do with the 2094/2095 - they were two quite different constructions by Partner and Husky respectably.

Last edited:
I bought a 2186 a couple of months ago. I am running a 20inch 3/8 for the break in period. This saw is going on a mill after that. I am a big fan of Husky and J-Reds also. Justsaws is right, smooth and fast with plenty of power to spare. I would have liked a 395 but there is a J-red dealer 10 blocks from my house so serviceability is readily available verses 50 miles to the husky dealer.:cheers:

…..

That is true, the original design was the P7700, but I don't think the P7700 series/family of saws had anything to do with the 2094/2095 - they were two quite different constructions by Partner and Husky respectably.

I have to correct my own old post here, the 2094/2095 wasn't a Husky design although they all were made at the Husky factory - it was a Jonsered design, somewhat related to the 920/930.

All Swedish made Jonsered and Partner saws were made at the Husky factory from 1987, regardless who designed them, and some times originally made the model.
This also includes the P7700 family of saws btw, they were made at the Husky factory regardless if they said Jonsered, Partner or Poulan Pro on them (there never was a Husky branded version).

Bought one used, in excellent condition a couple of months ago. Had excellent luck with it so far. What power! Love to hear any thoughts/opinions/experiences from other 2095 users/owner's, etc. Anybody know if a full wrap handlebar was made for this model? Anyone know where I can find/buy a full wrap handlebar for this 2095?
I haven’t run the 2095 but have spent a lot of using the 395xp. You are right about power, these saws make a lot of it, but I couldn’t keep bolts from falling out of the husky to save my life, not to mention the pull cord rewind breaking at least once a month.

Back