Jonsered 2188 = Husky 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea on price yet Spike? :cry:

None, but if it follows the Husky pricing it could be about $80 more than the 2186.

On the other hand, there is always the chance that it will undercut the 390 price the same way the 2139 does the 338.

Now, that's just wild speculation. We aren't going to know anything concrete for a good while yet.

My 390 is close to a friend's 660 until the 36" bars come out. Then he's faster than me by a good bit.

What's the max bar you feel it's comfortable with in hardwoods?

I ask this FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY! I'M NOT BUYING ONE EITHER!

I'm especially not buying one just to keep up with you guys when you don't buy one either...

What's the max bar you feel it's comfortable with in hardwoods?

I ask this FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY! I'M NOT BUYING ONE EITHER!

I'm especially not buying one just to keep up with you guys when you don't buy one either...

It handles a 36" quite well with a 7 pin, but not as much oomph as the 660. I have not used a larger bar than that.

Jonsered CS 2188

attachment.php

Jonsered CS 2188

attachment.php

Actually, in this size of saw, the better handlebar angle of the Husky makes little or no difference ( they are not limbing and topping saws) - so I guess I would opt for the prettier Jonsered......:biggrinbounce2:

...but I didn't really need the 372, and doesn't need this one either.....

Last edited:
Actually, in this size of saw, the better handlebar angle of the Husky makes little or no difference ( they are not limbing and topping saws) - so I guess I would opt for the prettier Jonsered......:biggrinbounce2:

...but I didn't really need the 372, and doesn't need this one either.....
I like the fell of the johnny handle bar better and they are better looking to.

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas! When is this thing coming?!

Spike, mark me down for the first one you get. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back