Jonsered 820 bucking spikes.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been on the hunt for a set of spikes for my 820 since I bought it. I have searched e-bay and several other places on the web with no luck. I even made a post in the wanted section of the AS classifieds. I was wondering if anyone here had a saw in this series and would be willing to trace them out and either mail or e-mail a full sized pattern to me. I believe that the 820,830,920,930 are all the same. Thanks in advance, Terry.

I have been on the hunt for a set of spikes for my 820 since I bought it. I have searched e-bay and several other places on the web with no luck. I even made a post in the wanted section of the AS classifieds. I was wondering if anyone here had a saw in this series and would be willing to trace them out and either mail or e-mail a full sized pattern to me. I believe that the 820,830,920,930 are all the same. Thanks in advance, Terry.

I'd like a set as well for my 920.

My email is my username at gmail.com.

Thanks a bunch!

:cheers:

Hey bama...

I have a set that I could trace. Picked them up on eBay a year ago. Haven't seen any since. PM me your addresses if you want the pattern. It shouldn't take too long to make them.

Brad

Are your spikes the larger "west coast" 4 point spikes, like the ones on acres' site in the picture?

I know it's an old sleeping thread but I'm an idiot on chainsaws and I just noticed I have a big spike on the outside of my 910E and a smaller spike on the inside. Aren't they supposed to be the same length so they engage the log and keep the bar straight ??

Well, I did some research and I do have mismatched spikes. The smaller 5 point on the inside and the bigger 4point on the outside. Time to Ebay !!

I will check the shop in the next day or two and try to locate them. These are made from stainless and were cut out in my buddies fab shop. I had to do a little Dremel work to the mounting holes but they look great on my saw.

Since I have the 5 point on the inside and the larger 4 point on the outside I have to wonder is there any reason someone would intentionally set it up this way ??
If not, which one would be a better choice for a weekend tree trimmer and an occasional fire wood cutter ??

Latest posts

Back