Jonsered 90 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingcheez

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So i got what i was told is a Jonsered 90- it has no badges saying it- it does have the decomp valve..looks like a 90 from the pics i've seen..but i've tried 2 bars on it that according to Baileys.com should fit and they don't...it has huge bar bolts and the biggest chain tensioner i've ever seen it's like the size of a dime...so far a Stihl bar is the only thing big enough to actually mount on it but of course the tensioner holes are too small...basically i'm scared to buy a new bar if it's gonna be wrong...any help/thoughts..make fun of me?

So i got what i was told is a Jonsered 90- it has no badges saying it- it does have the decomp valve..looks like a 90 from the pics i've seen..but i've tried 2 bars on it that according to Baileys.com should fit and they don't...it has huge bar bolts and the biggest chain tensioner i've ever seen it's like the size of a dime...so far a Stihl bar is the only thing big enough to actually mount on it but of course the tensioner holes are too small...basically i'm scared to buy a new bar if it's gonna be wrong...any help/thoughts..make fun of me?

Sorry, I'm no help... but I would imagine that if you post a picture it will be easier for the knowlegable folks to answer.

That looks like Jonny 90 to me. Some of the tensioners have very large pins for the adjustment slot. If the bar studs fit and the oil holes line up, then just drill the adjuster hole a bit bigger. Make sure you have the correct bar though. It kind of sounds like you have a bar for the newer style Jonny's which have a smaller hole. I'd go measure my Jonny, but I just had hernia surgery yesterday and can't lift anything over 10 pounds.

The Jonsereds 90 should have bolts that fit in the 10mm slot of the D024 - a medium Stihl bar (3003/D025) should have a too wide slot.

As it is a used saw, there is of course a chance that someone have changed out the bolts for larger ones, or modified them.

The Jonsereds 90 should have bolts that fit in the 10mm slot of the D024 - a medium Stihl bar (3003/D025) should have a too wide slot.

As it is a used saw, there is of course a chance that someone have changed out the bolts for larger ones, or modified them.

A bar from a Stihl 036 is the only bar i have that will actually mount- everything else won't clear the studs and nothing i own will fit that monster tension pin

The bars slot needs to be 9.5mm so most bars except the correct one, or a Stihl which is 12mm probably wont fit. It's possible somebody changed bar studs, but I have seen really large tension pins before. Baileys should have these bars made by Oregon. Bars for the Homlite 330-750 and some of the large Poulan Pro saws will fit. Those don't have holes but large slots for the adjustment pin.

The bars slot needs to be 9.5mm so most bars except the correct one, or a Stihl which is 12mm probably wont fit. It's possible somebody changed bar studs, but I have seen really large tension pins before. Baileys should have these bars made by Oregon. Bars for the Homlite 330-750 and some of the large Poulan Pro saws will fit. Those don't have holes but large slots for the adjustment pin.

Tried a bar from a Homelite 360 - wouldn't clear the bar studs and there is no way if it did that it would fit the tension pin....think i'm gonna sell it ..i don't like frustration

Nominally 10mm, but I'd say the reality is more like 9.8mm. Some 9.5mm (nominally) bars (D096/196) should fit - with a little widening of the slot.

Adjuster pin holes can always be opened, but there shouldn't be a very large pin there to begin with - a picture of the mount area is needed here! :givebeer:

hey kingcheez miss that saw it is defintley a 90 I have researched it before. Have much luck with it?

I have that bar/chain that was on it 60 bucks and it's yours. In platteville Wi

Tried a bar from a Homelite 360 - wouldn't clear the bar studs and there is no way if it did that it would fit the tension pin....think i'm gonna sell it ..i don't like frustration

Why not post a picture of the bar mount area, so we can see what it is about, instead of just guessing? :confused:

Latest posts

Back