Jonsered 910 E saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccfr63

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a quick question for you Jonsered guys. I have a chance to buy (2) Jonsered 910 E saws for $200. One is in good shape and the other runs but has been used to take parts from. I don't really know much about Jonsereds so I guess what I'm asking is if they are worth $200 or so. I don't need them but I've been spending WAY to much time on this site so consequently I just want them to add to my saw lineup. Let me know what you guys think about this model, is it worth the money...etc.

Thanks,
Jason

I've got a quick question for you Jonsered guys. I have a chance to buy (2) Jonsered 910 E saws for $200. One is in good shape and the other runs but has been used to take parts from. I don't really know much about Jonsereds so I guess what I'm asking is if they are worth $200 or so. I don't need them but I've been spending WAY to much time on this site so consequently I just want them to add to my saw lineup. Let me know what you guys think about this model, is it worth the money...etc.

Thanks,
Jason

Nice saws, on the heavy side but built like a brick crapper...

I would do it, I am a Stihl man myself but I bought a nice jonsered 930 and I love it. It has more torque than my 660 but it is a little heavier and a little slower. If you do not want them, See if the guy will ship them to me. I think I payed 250 or 300 for mine.

Does anyone else have any info on these saws such as engine size?

87 CC What else do you want to know?

I weighed mine with 24"bar and chain, full of gas and oil=24 lb, my stihl 660 weighed the same way 22lbs. If you do not have a big saw sounds like a great deal for ya. I use both saws a lot and do not notice the 2 lb difference. Your wallet will notice the $800 dollar difference.

Ray,
Do you have any idea of how many lbs. of compression your saw has? I was planning on bringing my tester with me to check it on these saws. They look to pretty well used. Also will it run a 36" bar O.K.?

Thanks,
Jason

Ray,
Do you have any idea of how many lbs. of compression your saw has? I was planning on bringing my tester with me to check it on these saws. They look to pretty well used. Also will it run a 36" bar O.K.?

Thanks,
Jason

Mine test out between 146 and 150. I think that is pretty good for a saw that size and age. All of my stihls test about 150 to 153 and they are much newer. When testing run the saw hard enough to get everything lubricated and hot. On occasion a saw that has been sitting will test low, I passed on a saw that tested 130 once, turned out after my friend ran it and tested it came out around 150. I have also found I need at least 4 or 5 good pulls to get an accurate reading. If you know all this already I apologize but not knowing cost me a good saw once so I wanted to make sure you know. I would stay away from anything under 130 to 133 psi unless you don't mind putting rings in it right away.

Oh yea, I have not run a 36 on mine but it seems to have plenty of torque I think it could handle a 36. I can tell ya that 24" bar with full chisel on a 24 inch black oak dose not even make my 930 grunt.

Latest posts

Back