Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real1shepherd
This 90 looks like it might have the wrap handle A/V mount. Whether or not it's any good is the next question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsereds-90-Chain-Saw-/252436995746?hash=item3ac66adea2:g:q8QAAOSwmtJXbYTe

Yes it does have the full-wrap, unmolested handle! It also looks like the aluminum handle with that black coating like mine....just more of it left...lol. Looks rough and like it's been stored a looong time. If the price is right, you get a part's saw....anything else would be a bonus. It might have serious garage floor cancer...he needs to show the bottom.

Seller has sold 18 items and yet has no feedback or feedback rating....how is that possible?

Kevin

Real1shepherd
I couldn't get to ask a question at all? Something very fishy, maybe we can report?

Lee,
Maybe he turned that feature off since Shawn asked about the piston....although I didn't know you could do that? The feedback part is fishy to me...18 units sold and no feedback or feedback rating.....how does that work? Even if he hasn't sold anything for yrs, he'd still have a feedback rating.

Shawn,
You get that saw and don't want the full-wrap, I'll give you the standard wrap and some $$ for yours...dibs!

Kevin

shawn022

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
We here won't bid against you....unlike other threads and forums. Good luck!!

Kevin
Thanks. But if anyone wants to throw out their coin. Have at it. I may go a little higher but it's already $40 to ship.

I couldn't get to ask a question at all? Something very fishy, maybe we can report?
I'm not sure. I didn't have any problems asking the question. Now we'll have to see about getting answers.

Shawn,
You get that saw and don't want the full-wrap, I'll give you the standard wrap and some $$ for yours...dibs!

Kevin
I don't know. I kinda like the way that wrap looks. Lol.

Real1shepherd
Lol....had to ask!

Dunno about that seller... Too rich for my blood right now and I have a 90 waiting to be restored.

Full-wraps are horrible folks say...make it hard to work on the saw and access the clutch cover. So to that I say..send me your large saw J'red and Husky full-wraps.....lol!

Kevin

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Real1shepherd
He has feed back but the most recent is 2014. All as a buyer I believe. I think the feedback rating is only the last 12 months.

That would explain why he has no feedback rating...just a buyer so far. Your feedback rating as a seller is forever I thought...changes as you get more feedback if at all. My seller rating was 100% and I haven't sold for yrs and yrs....but it's still 100% last time I checked(which admittedly hasn't been checked since the last eBay rule change). But eBay changed a lot of their rules, so I dunno for sure.

Kevin

Real1shepherd
LOL...$96 and still six days to go!!! That old welded up full wrap is selling that busted up ol' rig!!!!! If you're a seller this is just what you want!!

Lol...yeah, that is a skanky looking re-weld. Probably the skidder ran over the saw, looks like...lol....seen it happen before with the same bits broken. But those things are repairable....what's rare are the full-wraps themselves. Hell, I see them on eBay for $150...doesn't mean they sell, but they're there.

Kevin

Real1shepherd
Well. I got bumped. It'll be interesting to see where it ends up. It's already more than what I gave for my 80 or 801. And then you have to go through it.

Oh well, you're probably better off...$120 tops with the shipping is more than fair/generous. The saw looks rough and needs a lot unless you have donor 90's lying around(which I do). In my case, my 90 will require a lot of key, spare parts and that will be that for spares. It was sold to me as a parts saw with no spark....had spark back in it in ten minutes.....another case of points ignorance.

So now I'm starting to wonder if it's better to part out these old J'reds or sell as a whole saw. You get too high on your piece parts and they just sit and sit on the bay.

Kevin

Cantdog
Yep it's really hard to tell about this 90.....ten minutes of parts swapping and it would look all together different. Actually on close inspection the front of the saw, including the muffler as Lee pointed out, shows only dirt...the paint is very good and the other common wear point, the trigger handle has fairly good paint too. I don't think this saw has been used a lot......by a lot I mean commercially....I would wager it's no where near as rough as it looks. I bought my real nice 80 off ebay it was rough looking, broken trigger handle hanging off it, dirty, rusty B&C.......I bought it for parts for $65 delivered.....but...I had it purring like a kitten in 2.5 hrs.....carb kit/fuel line, handle off a 49sp, a decent bar and thorough cleaning. It pulls 238 lbs of comp, runs like top and has never been apart.....didn't even have to touch the points. This could well be a diamond in the ruff for someone with courage, money and access to parts depending on how much the bidding increases...or doesn't.....

shawn022

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
So now I'm starting to wonder if it's better to part out these old J'reds or sell as a whole saw. You get too high on your piece parts and they just sit and sit on the bay.

Kevin

Parts?? Did you say parts? I like parts. Here's what I got a couple weeks ago. Btw those Oregon drums were exact replacements.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
shawn022

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
Yep it's really hard to tell about this 90.....ten minutes of parts swapping and it would look all together different. Actually on close inspection the front of the saw, including the muffler as Lee pointed out, shows only dirt...the paint is very good and the other common wear point, the trigger handle has fairly good paint too. I don't think this saw has been used a lot......by a lot I mean commercially....I would wager it's no where near as rough as it looks. I bought my real nice 80 off ebay it was rough looking, broken trigger handle hanging off it, dirty, rusty B&C.......I bought it for parts for $65 delivered.....but...I had it purring like a kitten in 2.5 hrs.....carb kit/fuel line, handle off a 49sp, a decent bar and thorough cleaning. It pulls 238 lbs of comp, runs like top and has never been apart.....didn't even have to touch the points. This could well be a diamond in the ruff for someone with courage, money and access to parts depending on how much the bidding increases...or doesn't.....

I have no doubt that if the p/c is good that 90 could be made a good looking runner. My thoughts though are- that is a $250 saw tops, with a bar and chain. So it needs to be bought at $125 or less. Unlike most, I consider shipping to be part of the actual saw price.